TBR exhaust install walkthrough (10 Steps)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

0150r

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342076225.146594.jpg

I couldn't t the x-bracket to sit flush, but it's on there tight. Did I mess up somewhere?

Also, how can I make sure that there aren't any leaks?

lwclancers

That really needs to be flush! Almost looks like maybe you tightened one side down too much first. I remember it took me awhile as I gave each 4 screws on the bracket a small turn as I worked my way around...especially holding the 2 pieces of the bracket together.

For leaks, as soon as you start the bike, as its not hot yet, place your hand near all the points to feel for any air flow. Or use a piece of paper and see if moves a little as you move it from point to point.

kevin8198

Elite Member

0150r

I'll try it one more time before giving up and taking it in...I had help doing it and we made only a few turns on each bolt going around. It's not flush on the other side, it's like that all the way around. There is a small lip that the bracket resting on that is preventing it from going any farther.

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

0150r

I will double check mine tomorrow when i get home from work. I'll try to take a better picture and do the leak check. I want to check for leaks around the headers too. Might end up taking it completely off and putting it back together just to be sure.

Mine looks similar to yours, just with a bigger gap (the picture i posted was in bad light and the flash on my phone made it worse). You can see on yours that there is a small lip on the ends of the bracket. It looks a little more extreme on mine though. I will try putting it back together without over tightening it...I seem to always want to add a few more turns of the wrench "just to be safe."

0150r

Have another install question.. If the gaskets fall out and won't stay when I put them back in, is there anything I can do? It was a real pain trying to get them in there...could you put a tiny amount of the high temp silicone on them to hold them in place?

Enjarin

Elite Member

0150r

Here are some better pictures of what it looks like...the lip of the x-bracket is flush with the can but the rest of the bracket is not. Looks pretty much like yours, I think the bad quality of my first picture made it looks worse than it is.

There is a picture from each side and a close up of one of the bolts.

Attachments

kevin8198

Elite Member

lwclancers

Yea, those pics look better :)

kvc25

How does one remove the silencer tip? I have the black series carbon fiber system
It's simple. Remove the end cap on the exhaust (think there's 5 or 6 bolts). Then pop out the silencer tip and put the cap back on and tighten bolts back on.

MrPyklet

Thanks heaps for this post mate, it helped a tonne!! I installed the TBR exhaust and Juicebox a week ago, such a big difference!! :aus:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member