TBR exhaust install walkthrough (10 Steps)

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

cavcuz05

Looks like a good write up...but dont the already come with instructions?

kevin8198

Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

lwclancers

I referred to this thread at least 15 times tonight getting mine started. I got stuck a few times on how far to expect the headers to go in and touch the gaskets...I kept thinking they werent in enough, but once i measured the depth I knew they were in far enough (posted a few pics relevant in this thread: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/can-someone-post-up-pic-me-22246/index2.html)

Especially helpful was the orientation of the bracket mount...TBRs directions are horrible compared to this write up. Should have this done tomorrow...and hopefully no leaks!

lwclancers

Question, this just occurred to me, should I have put some High Temp Silicone on the ends of the 4 headers before putting them (between the headers and the gaskets)?

Just realized if there is any leaks I'd have to yank everything off and try again so mine as well do it now (if I'm supposed to) before I got finish and tighten everything up.

kevin8198

Elite Member

yellowFZ6r

Wait, I just put mine on this weekend and wasnt sure which way the tip should face either, can you guys help? Or does it really matter?

iSpoolin

Looks good! I still wish they made slip ons for the FZ6R! I loved the exhaust on the 675 and it only took me 30 minutes to put on lol

yellowFZ6r

OK yea that is what i thought and what I did, so I guess its right then. I love that exhaust, it sounds incredible, but it VERY loud with a helmet on (which I always have on when I ride of course)!!

lwclancers

Youre right, thats the whole point of gaskets. Im learning ;)

I love this exhaust. People on here who say it's too loud are crazy haha....although Im willing to bet a majority of them havent had an exhaust any louder than stock before either. My last bike was a Honda Shadow with double slash cut Hard Krome pipes...so the TBR sounds just right...not too loud but way better than stock.

It didn't say to do that. Pretty sure the gaskets are there to prevent leaks. I didn't on mine and neither did BuffaloJump when we did his.
:thumbup: