Tank Pads

Cartee

Hey there!
Just curious to how good these really look on the bikes and what purpose they truly serve.. didn't have much luck searching. Picks would be awesome (Yellow preferred)
Thanks!

Sage

They keep you from scratching the tank w/ your zipper, that's mine's main purpose. I don't have a pic on here of the pad on there but here is google..

kevin8198

Elite Member

Detrich

let me just say this...

everyone should have a tank pad. it should be your very first mod- unless you want your tank chipped, period.

here's my exp on this...

so, i rode my new fz6r to bike night for the first time. my good friends were there and excited for me. and, of course they all asked to sit on it. so everyone took turns sharing in the joy and got to sit on my bike and check it out.

later that evening i get home, and as i'm parking i see a small chunk of paint missing from my bike near the crotch of the tank. <insert growl here> how? what? wth?!

ppl wear riding jackets. riding jackets have zippers. zippers have this little metal thingy on it that when banged against a tank chips up the paint.

so, yes- i was pissed. but, i have no idea which of my friends did it. i know they didn't do it on purpose either, so i dont' hold it against them either. shit happens, you know? so, i bought a tank pad & some touch-up paint. crisis averted. but, i sure learned my lesson.

when i got the R6, i bought the tank pad beforehand, and i slapped it on there soon as i got it home. and, now when ppl ask to sit on my bike, i politely ask them to please zip their jacket up first.

GET A FREAKING TANK PAD ALREADY. :)

p.s. you can see mine by viewing my virtual garage.

Last edited:

Cordoba78

Just wanna show off my tank pad :D

Lemme know what you think, I did a poor job of applying for my standards though
June 9, 2011 002.jpg

June 9, 2011 003.jpg

CrazyCawi

not to be a meanie, but is it on straight? maybe the first pic is decieving

Detrich

hmm, it does look slight off-center to the left...

easy to fix tho. it took me several tries to get mine on straight. just have a blow dryer handy to remove it and re-apply it.

bmw675

easy to fix tho. it took me several tries to get mine on straight. just have a blow dryer handy to remove it and re-apply it.
are they that easy to remove, even after they've been on their for awhile?
Bike I'm going to look at has them all the way around, just curious incase i want to change them.

Chucker

I wouldn't think it'd be any different than removing a decal.

Detrich

yes. just use a blow dryer to 'gently' heat up the glue by carefully heating up the surface area, and they come loose.

ppl who park in the sunlight for extended periods often have issues with tank pads, because heat causes the glue to break down. example: my co-worker used to park his bike outside a lot, and he said his tank pads kept curling/ warping. then he got a bike cover and it fixed the problem.

are they that easy to remove, even after they've been on their for awhile?
Bike I'm going to look at has them all the way around, just curious incase i want to change them.

amg14

Attachments

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

I'm going to be ordering one from Immortal Graphics soon. They have a 70$ custom option where you send a picture you want and they put it on the pad. So the smart thing to do would be find someone with photoshop skills if you can't and do what you want with it. Send in the complete picture and then a picture of how you want it centered on the pad. They have different pad layouts and sizes. I'm going to be doing a bullet 2 pad with a custom picture of gir ;) I'm gonna steal that off of Deviant art, make the background black add some things to it and send it in ASAP!

For those of you who have not watched the cartoon ever...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r258Jca9e0A]YouTube - ‪Gir Moments‬&rlm;[/ame]

and for those who want the immortal graphix link!

Immortal Graphix Motorcycle Tank Pads and Motorcycle Graphics

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member