Synthetic Turf

Skidro

I know you guys are all over the country and was wondering if anybody has seen some of the synthetic turf fields I've made. This is a list of just a few from the past year.

Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals), Superdome (Saints), Metrodome (Vikings), Dominican University, North Toronto Institute, Southeastern Louisianna University, Los Alamos High School, Mililani High School, Danvers Sports Arena, Allatoona High School, Harrison High School, Hillgrove High School, Lassiter High School, North Cobb High School, Longevity Sports Center, Greene County High School, Wilder-City of Orinda

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Sweet! :cool:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

danieljardim

Here too!!
Sick of mowing the lawn in the heat.
Grass always gets too long because cant mow on my weekends because it is wet.
Cant get fertilizer down when I want w/ weed killer because rain predicted.
Sick of getting doggy pee brown spots in yard.
Would be nice to save the water bill from watering the lawn!
I'm dead serious. One of the reasons I'm putting a pool in my house is to get rid of a big chunk of grass :)rolleyes::jerk:)

If its a reasonable price for something like that. I'm up to do it. I even told my wife already and she agrees.

danieljardim

If wasn't for the looks I would have cemented my whole back yard. But if I do that will look like a parking lot. and that sucks.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Skidro

Manufacturing football, baseball & soccer fields is the main part of the business, but landscaping has increased in the past 5 to 10 years.

You can have your artificial grass installed & it's pretty much maintenance free for the next 15 to 20 years, and the stuff made these days looks like real grass. Putting greens are another option to cover some of your that you don't want to mow.

danieljardim

Manufacturing football, baseball & soccer fields is the main part of the business, but landscaping has increased in the past 5 to 10 years.

You can have your artificial grass installed & it's pretty much maintenance free for the next 15 to 20 years, and the stuff made these days looks like real grass. Putting greens are another option to cover some of your that you don't want to mow.
Is that stuff a reasonable price?

Skidro

Landscape is around $2.50 a square Foot, but you can usually buy some 2nd quality a good bit cheaper, and like carpet, laminate & hardwood, most people can't tell there is anything wrong with it.

I had a putting green in my back yard at one time, those are nice to have if you golf.

Last edited:

danieljardim

Landscape is around $2.50 a square Foot, but you can usually buy some 2nd quality a good bit cheaper, and like carpet, laminate & hardwood, most people can't tell there is anything wrong with it.

I had a putting green in my back yard at one time, those are nice to have if you golf.
I do.. Great idea. I'm gonna look into it. tx. :thumbup:

bmw675

Hey, if the brady bunch could have it in there back yard, anybody can!

Skidro

You can pull up some pretty good pics of artificial grass & putting greens on the web.

I grew up & live in the carpet capital of the world and artificial grass is manufactured here the same way as carpet, just different fibers & backing.

I've worked in the business of making both for more than 40 years, so if anybody ever has any questions about carpet or grass just let me know.

blkbrd

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member