Stupid question of the day

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered some brake pads, front and rear. I order 1 set of each... never even when through my mind if they sell a set of 4 or 2 pads for the front??? Did I had to order 2 sets for the front?
Yeah, 2 sets required for the front.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Synyster

This is up there with my "How to take spare seat off" question :p

No but seriously, so the box only comes with two pads? If I order brake pads for my car then the box comes with four pads total, 2 for the left and 2 for the right. For a bike there is only one rotor so wouldn't the front just need two pads?

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

No but seriously, so the box only comes with two pads? If I order brake pads for my car then the box comes with four pads total, 2 for the left and 2 for the right. For a bike there is only one rotor so wouldn't the front just need two pads?
You have TWO rotors for the front tire and ONE on the rear. So need 3 sets of pads.

bmw675

This is up there with the how many sets of pads do I order. :D

Synyster

Wow I am just going to stop talking cause everything that comes out of my mouth in regards to bikes is typically wrong lol. I apologize for my stupidity. Still shouldn't one box of pads come with enough for both sides? four pads total?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

danieljardim

Wow I am just going to stop talking cause everything that comes out of my mouth in regards to bikes is typically wrong lol. I apologize for my stupidity. Still shouldn't one box of pads come with enough for both sides? four pads total?
I didn't know that. I would have made the same mistake.

If you buy brake pads for you car... the front "SET" comes with all the pads you need. 4

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member