Straight pipe?

SloRider

Would there be any kind of problems if I was to cut off the stock muffler and just weld on a straight pipe with a nice tip on it?

Yes, I know how to use the search function. Yes I used it. No, I couldn't find anything referring to my particular question. I saw a guy on YouTube that did this, but I am assuming it would cause an extreme lean condition and possibly cause some engine damage.

JSP

Super Moderator
Definitely not unless you are going to use a Power Commander fuel controller.

Neighbors will hate you.

SloRider

Thanks. I figured it would definitely jack up the air/fuel mixture. Just didn't know if would be enough to cause any damage. As for the neighbors, I live in an apt complex and I hardly ever ride it. Besides, they won't be able to hear it over their getto boomin bass music anyway.

SloRider

This might sound kinda wack, but I seriously thought about putting a baffled glass pack on it with a really nice looking tip and painting all the piping black. I really just wanna be different.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

06330i

Two words; GOOD LUCK. I rode this bike on straight pipe for an hour and hated it. WAYYYY too loud.

acomeaux33cx

Im running a straight pipe on mine. Loud as hell and I love it.

acomeaux33cx

you can see pics on my facebook. facebook.com/acomeaux33

Deathdiesel

If you dont have a fuel controller youll be losing power and having a lot of backpop on deceleration. Personally id just buy one because the tune is a nice bump in power too. But tbh you might regret straight pipes, I tried it with mine with the can off, and it was loud as hell and didnt sound toned at all. With the can on its not quite as loud but has a nicer tone to it.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Reaver