Still Snowing

AK_FZ

I'm sure a lot of folks are thinking "Well, he lives in Alaska, of course it's still snowing". Typically May is full on spring, with temps into the mid 50's towards the interior of the state. Not so much.

May 3rd, and it's still snowing. They are calling for another 2 inches throughout tonight, and maybe some sunday. I just want to get my bike out and go ride :mad:

Rant over, thanks for listening to me complain about mother nature!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

AK_FZ

By the time I get back from the slope we're supposed to be in the low 50s/high 40s in the day and above freezing overnight. This winter lasted way too long. We better have a long Indian summer to make up for it.
I sure hope so. I guess part of our saving grace is the 24 hour daylight riding during the summer. Looks like it's supposed to warm up next week around here.

LOL, well it is snowing out here in MN right now pretty good also! :banghead:
Well, at least someone shares our pain! :rolleyes: Hopefully it stops snowing so we can get the bikes out soon!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Don't feel too bad, I'm in Massachusetts and just got my FZ6R out this week for the first time this year. Crazy late spring, but at least it's finally here.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

AK_FZ

Well, to all of you guys rubbing it in about how nice your weather is, I got an 8 mile ride in this afternoon. Temp was hovering at about 36 degrees, so I made it short and sweet.

This was my first ride on the FZ6R, and also my first real "on road" riding experience with the exception of doing the MSF class. Ride was awesome, bike handles great and is fun, especially above 7-8k rpm. Already know I'm gonna be wanting more power by next season... guess that's what I get for riding 200 hp snowmobiles all winter :rolleyes:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member