Still Riding

F

FZ6R_Blue

Yes ladies and gentlemen it's late December in Minnesota and I am still riding! its supposed to be almost 50 this coming Saturday i will put on as much as i can..
and because we have not got much for snow or cold the roads don't really have much salt and sand on them....

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Superzoom

Standard bike winterizing:

- top up tank and add fuel stabilizer
- change oil
- remove battery put on a battery tender
- lube chain
- wash & wax bike
- inflate tires
- cover bike with breathable cover

F

FZ6R_Blue

Well i get that i wasn't asking what i'm supposed to do. just asking what he did to see how much it would take him to get riding without to much work to shut it down again for winter..

i have mine up on stands, stabilizer in the tank battery out oil changed, chain cleaned and lubed but all i need to do is put batt back in and ready to ride

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

a one day ride shouldnt really effect that.. just top the fuel off and add stabil and re lube the chain

yfz6r

I change my oil every other month and ride every day. High of 40 today. Read "to build a fire". That gives me motivation to tough out the frozen ride.

F

FZ6R_Blue

no when it get near zero(or below) its no good... but i'll take a cold day on two wheels over a any day on 4

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

yfz6r

My girlfriends scooter gets to live in the house for the winter lol.

A good coat and something to warm your neck is all you need for riding under 40 mph. Some winter pants for going any faster and heated gear starts to make a big difference. This winter hasn't been bad at all so far. Doing a 100 mile ride Sunday thanks to a high of 50

kevin8198

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member