Starting to get cool riding

DanielW0830

Felt a few shivers as I rode home last night from work.
Goodbye summer.... :(

Stephenfz6r

48F at 5:00 am in Montreal this morning, I'm glad it's only 25KM to get to work.:D

MikeN02

Yeah been noticing that for the past 4 days now. Switching over to my leather jacket and it's still cold (perforated, no liner)

ry-mac75

Ah I love it! It's much easier to dress for the cold than it is for the heat!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

owldaddy

I noticed the change as well. I guess the perforated jacket and pants are about to get the bugs cleaned off and put away in the closet soon. The winter jacket and pants just got dusted off.

Detrich

I still prefer summer tho. Winter involves having to regulate body temp too much when on & off the bike... lol

What type of suit are u looking at Mike? I'm sorta window shopping too. I need one with an aero hump tho =\

MikeN02

Buying used =] thought it would cost a fortune but a suit only costs about 400 used with some high side and low side. I gotta go try on to see my size first

arkkornkid

argh... it was 100 degrees here in Memphis yesterday, suppose to be 95+ all week..... one of the longest, hottest summers ever

creggur

It was 75 Saturday morning - just PERFECT Florida winter weather:)

Detrich

yah, i've been looking around too...

i picked up a basic suit earlier in the year for $300, but decided i really want one with aero hump, cuz of wind drag on the freeways... i found this company called www.tiltcustoms.com, and for $525 (shipped), they'll make a custom replica of any suit u want. almost 1/2 the price of an a* rc-1, sp-1, or gp pro...

i'm still very much on the fence. but, the reviews on the site seem good.

Buying used =] thought it would cost a fortune but a suit only costs about 400 used with some high side and low side. I gotta go try on to see my size first

stuna

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD FROST YET , WE HAVE :eek:
AND HOW COLD OUT BEFORE YOU GIVE UP ON THE 6R ?
I WILL RIDE MY GL1800 IN THE 30S :D
HECK THIS SPRING I PUT ON 1500 MI ON BIKES BEFORE THE SNOW WAS GONE :rant:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

yah, i've been looking around too...

i picked up a basic suit earlier in the year for $300, but decided i really want one with aero hump, cuz of wind drag on the freeways... i found this company called www.tiltcustoms.com, and for $525 (shipped), they'll make a custom replica of any suit u want. almost 1/2 the price of an a* rc-1, sp-1, or gp pro...

i'm still very much on the fence. but, the reviews on the site seem good.
I would like an aero hump very much! One main difference I noticed between the FZ6-R and the R6 is the riding position. You can sit upright on the R6 (just close to the tank) but when you're hauling ass there is so much wind that your head starts vibrating and you're seeing things in a blurr, didn't happen when I was on my FZ6-R.

Tucked in on my R6 even with the Zero Gravity Double Bubble, I felt soo much wind, it felt like my head was going to rip off because the helmet was pressed so much against my face. I also felt the wind go over my head and down my back, so an aero hump would be really nice! That and I need to get a new helmet!

Detrich

^ i sometimes feel like the wind is going to push me over all the same... lol am still getting used to it. but, on a bumpy freeway, going 75+ feels like a wind tunnel...

too bad summer is always so short... :(

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

^ i sometimes feel like the wind is going to push me over all the same... lol am still getting used to it. but, on a bumpy freeway, going 75+ feels like a wind tunnel...

too bad summer is always so short... :(
135ish on a drag strip, SOOO much wind.

Roaddawg

road all thru winter last year, except the week we had 5ft of snow on the ground and another week when it dipped below freezing with the possibility of black ice in this area...

did my 20k oil change Sat (1yr 1month on the bike)
:iconbeer:
Same here X2 ~minus the snow

I rode (commuted) into the low 30's last winter with a few 28 degree days. That was cold without any heated gear/grips.

I also did my 20k oil change this past weekend (1 yr 5 months) I think we may be the highest milers on the forum right now. Anyone else with over 20k on the 6R yet?