Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Bloke

Aye, have to say it's a bit garish for my tastes.

Though I quite like the vinyl but dislike the blue explosion on the rear and front end, and that massive yamaha logo on the windscreen looks naff.

At the mo as leprechaun says it's a very personal bike.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CDN6R

Hello all I have not been here for qiute some time.

FZRBlack. I would not remove the decals yet. May I suggest that you leave the bike as is and perhaps have some black "blanks" that you could cover the existing decals ,,some or all,,then the potential buyer can see the bike with or without decals and perhaps give them more visual choices. Laurie.

yfz6r

I thought you painted those side fairings using a stencil or something. Didn't know those were decals. Keep them on but include the fact that they can be removed in your adds. The side fairings seem a little exotic for a lot of people but everyone likes options

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Yeah, honestly, I am trying to give forum members a crack at it first. I would be willing to "de-modify it a little bit. I have the stock screen, and could paint the rear hugger black and remove the vinyls. I will just let it ride and see if I get any bites.
Or we could swap chain guards plus some cash and i would gladly take your hugger blu and all...If you are willing

XTRAWLD

Honestly, you'd prolly have better luck (and potentially more money) parting this out and replacing the parts with stock ones and then selling the bike as close to stock as possible. I agree with others here, it's too personal. Maybe the buyer would want to do their own personalization to a bike, but can't with everything you have going on with it. Either that or go straight to the dealer with it in as-is condition - thereby taking a considerable hit instead of going private sale.

As someone that has a modified car, I know no one will buy it as is (I'd really have to look high and low) and would have to return it to stock as much as possible before I would even be able to sell it. Sure, it has lots of mods, but mods actually devalue a vehicle, just because people don't want it modified.

Same as a house, there will be less people wanting to buy a house if all the walls were painted pink. It'll be listed forever! It's not that hard to paint the walls, but no one will want to do it when they buy it either and still pay top dollar for that house.

Good luck.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

KeysRider3

As is

I agree with the idea that you should market your bike "as is" but with a note that the graphics can be removed. I wouldn't mind picking up a personalized bike, and would be more likely to buy from an owner who took care of the bike and had an obviously serious interest in bringing out the it's full potential. I hope you'll stay active in the forum.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Status