Socal racers, unite! [[now w/ PICS]] - May 25th - Willow Springs

Hellgate

Welcome back home Pete! Can't wait to see the video.

Great day indeed... what do you think of all the pics above? John kicked ass didnt he? Some of the shots of you on the Buell are poster like as Kenny mentioned.
David - Thanks, it is nice to be home. I spent last night and today getting caught up; laundry, grocery shopping, putting things away, hauling bike to dealer for new instrument cluster and brake line. It is supposed to be complete in a couple of hours.

John's photos are amazing, the composition, focus and quality are spot on.

I tried to up load to You Tube but I'm having the same issues as before; too long, and not a good way to edit it. I'll see what kind of software I can find.

Hellgate

Five DVDs are burned. I'll mail them on Monday. :thumbup:

N

necrotimus

I cant say it enough: I have so much respect for the guys who go out there and push themselves and their bikes responsibly on the track. I don't know if will every do it myself but I love "experiencing" it through your guys stories and pictures. Not to mention how your experience helps the riders on the forum.

Glad to hear everyone made it through mostly intact and look forward to more pictures of this and other track days. Thanks guys and my compliments to the photographer(s)!

Hellgate

DVDs mailed today.

O

oso2k

Lol...I hope Wavex knows I kidding when I say this, but, this needs to be an "Epic Fail" poster.... "...Because 3 FZ6s just isn't enough." You were running such an awesome pace. Still hard for me to believe what happened to you.

Wavex

I cant say it enough: I have so much respect for the guys who go out there and push themselves and their bikes responsibly on the track. I don't know if will every do it myself but I love "experiencing" it through your guys stories and pictures. Not to mention how your experience helps the riders on the forum.

Glad to hear everyone made it through mostly intact and look forward to more pictures of this and other track days. Thanks guys and my compliments to the photographer(s)!
Thank you! I am surprised at the low # of responses to this thread since the pictures, but I appreciate your posts! Always positive and nice! :thumbup:

Why don't you think you'll ever be able to make it to the track? It does take some prep. but man is it worth it... it is really awesome to ride on a track that you know and feel comfortable on (that last day felt that way to me, except for the little incident)... if you ever have an opportunity to do it, make the effort! you won't regret it one bit.

S

Stumbles06

Great shots David. Looks like a great time was had by all involved. The track looks sweet too.

Thanks for posting, and making me want to get a track bike even more...lol

:rockon:

Wavex

Lol...I hope Wavex knows I kidding when I say this, but, this needs to be an "Epic Fail" poster.... "...Because 3 FZ6s just isn't enough." You were running such an awesome pace. Still hard for me to believe what happened to you.
Hey Louis! 2 FZ6s only, not 3!!! :D

But yeah, you're right, a big FAIL poster would have been more appropriate :D

I was really pleased with my pace as well... it's not extraordinary when you know that the 250cc record on that track is 1:21!!!! but I was running in the high 1:40s my first time out there, and got down to around 1:40, even in the high 30s I think, which is awesome for me! Cali_Rider's best recorded time on that track is 1:36 (I am sure he can do better than that), but still, getting in the vicinity of John is exciting to me! I can't wait to go back out there!!!

Here are the lap records by category...
View attachment 17397

About the gixxer, I am working on the parts I need with some guys from the gixxer forums... I need:

- front fairing stay bracket ($150 new), and there's a dude selling the vortex one for $135... the vortex is for racing only, and would allow me to mount my speedo too, so that's cool...

- brake lever: bastards @ Ron Ayers want $72 for that new, because they only sell the assembly... ridiculous!! I just need the lever!! so I am trying to find one...

- master cylinder seal kit + reservoir: $70 total new... and I need new anyway...

- right foot peg: $30 new... for a footpeg!!! so I am trying to find it used as well...

- muffler: mine is still useable, but a stock muffler is worth nothing ($20) so I am going to get a used one too...

- fiber glass repair kit... so I can try to fix the bodywork myself! should not be a big deal...

More news soon!

Attachments

Wavex

Great shots David. Looks like a great time was had by all involved. The track looks sweet too.

Thanks for posting, and making me want to get a track bike even more...lol

Thanks bro! Were you on the track too when Wolfy went down?? Ever been on the track? Get a 600 gixxer, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to ride fast compared to the FZ :)

S

Stumbles06

Thanks bro! Were you on the track too when Wolfy went down?? Ever been on the track? Get a 600 gixxer, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to ride fast compared to the FZ :)
I wasn't on track, just spectating. Haven't been out there yet, I hope to... one day, would love to get the FZ out there, but thinking more along the lines of a cheap GPX 250 solely for the track. I need the FZ for commuting, would be stuffed if I killed that.

I'm not a racer at all, but just want to get out there and see what I can do. If I don't like it, then the cheap 250 won't leave me too much outta pocket.

I dunno what's going to happen with my job (I work for GM down here in Oz), my life may change in the next 12 months, so a cheap option is sounding better at the moment.

I guess it pays to read the whole thread before posting too, sorry to hear of your "incident", but from what you just posted, it doesn't sound too bad. Glad you're ok.

Keep up the photography, awesome stuff.

DefyInertia

Louis, got the DVDs! My computer won't play them but I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks, man!

Guys....I just sold my truck :( Helped the dude load his multistrada S into the back and watched him drive away....booo :(

Wavex, w/ regard to the replies, I'm thinking this thread is just old news as it's been poppin up to the top for months now....people generally dont' want to look at a 9 page thread that's been around for ever....just my guess.

Hellgate

Louis, got the DVDs! My computer won't play them but I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks, man!

Guys....I just sold my truck :( Helped the dude load his multistrada S into the back and watched him drive away....booo :(

Wavex, w/ regard to the replies, I'm thinking this thread is just old news as it's been poppin up to the top for months now....people generally dont' want to look at a 9 page thread that's been around for ever....just my guess.
The Aussies do. :rolleyes: Heck their threads go on for thousands of posts.

Why did the Taco have to go? Looked like a good truck.

O

oso2k

Lol...Nate, that's 8GB of raw DV video. Guess I could have mentioned that. MediaPlayer/Mplayer/VLC/Xine/Quicktime should play it.

Wavex

I wasn't on track, just spectating. Haven't been out there yet, I hope to... one day, would love to get the FZ out there, but thinking more along the lines of a cheap GPX 250 solely for the track. I need the FZ for commuting, would be stuffed if I killed that.

I'm not a racer at all, but just want to get out there and see what I can do. If I don't like it, then the cheap 250 won't leave me too much outta pocket.

I dunno what's going to happen with my job (I work for GM down here in Oz), my life may change in the next 12 months, so a cheap option is sounding better at the moment.

I guess it pays to read the whole thread before posting too, sorry to hear of your "incident", but from what you just posted, it doesn't sound too bad. Glad you're ok.

Keep up the photography, awesome stuff.

Or you could go out there once on the FZ and take it easy just to see what its like... then if you like it you get that cheap trackbike, and if not, you just don't do anything!
Either way, good luck with it and with your job situation as well... let us know how it all goes!

Yes, the bike is fine... I only need a foot peg and a master cylinder seal kit and reservoir and I am ready (well pending fixing some fiber glass on the fairings too) :rockon:

Wavex

Congrats on the truck! That was quick!

Agreed about the thread... should have opened a new one I guess! Will do that when I get some video up... not anytime soon (got family from france arriving this pm!)

Pics. Enjoy
Thanks Louis! I'll pm you my address if you could mail that video to me as well that would rock! I'll do the same with my video/pics... :thumbup: