So I'm giving up the 5.0 status!

Rookasaki

For those that don't know I've been a 5.0, popo, pig etc... ;) for the past 5 years. Well If all goes well, I'll be moving over to Probation... I'll still have a Gun and Badge :D But no more peace officer powers for me. I've always felt there was more then just slapping hand cuffs on people. I wanted to do more as far as help people, I want to keep people on the right track. I always wanted to dig deep down and find out why they comment crimes and provide them help. I've been praying about this and I truly feel this is what I was meant to do. So yeah, I'm sharing this cause this is a big step for me and you guys are family. If you wouldn't mind praying that all goes well I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Deputyfarva252

Hey Brother nothing wrong with that if thats what you want to do , Im sure probation where your at is different from where Im at , maybe Im just tainted though , Im at the 2 1/2 year mark and I often wonder if Ill make it the 26 (if Im lucky with leave built up) till my retirement.......I just keep plugging away one day at a time , I think once this job is in your blood its hard to shake it ......Ill keep you and all my brothers and sisters in Blue in my prayers.....

Rookasaki

Hey Brother nothing wrong with that if thats what you want to do , Im sure probation where your at is different from where Im at , maybe Im just tainted though , Im at the 2 1/2 year mark and I often wonder if Ill make it the 26 (if Im lucky with leave built up) till my retirement.......I just keep plugging away one day at a time , I think once this job is in your blood its hard to shake it ......Ill keep you and all my brothers and sisters in Blue in my prayers.....
I feel ya. Working the road is pretty tough on ones body and mind. I just needed a change ya know. Felt I could do better for myself and my community over at probation. I'm excited not to wear that damn gun belt anymore... I swear that thing weights about 30 pounds! 10 1/2 years total with my correctional officer time wearing that thing!!! I wont miss it! Thanks all for the support and prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

r0ar

Congrats on getting rid of the damn belt even with a thigh holster they still suck . And good luck in probation man . Help turn some lives around !

BKP

For those that don't know I've been a 5.0, popo, pig etc... ;) for the past 5 years. Well If all goes well, I'll be moving over to Probation... I'll still have a Gun and Badge :D But no more peace officer powers for me. I've always felt there was more then just slapping hand cuffs on people. I wanted to do more as far as help people, I want to keep people on the right track. I always wanted to dig deep down and find out why they comment crimes and provide them help. I've been praying about this and I truly feel this is what I was meant to do. So yeah, I'm sharing this cause this is a big step for me and you guys are family. If you wouldn't mind praying that all goes well I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Good on ya...

Admirable ideal... 'specially in the face of the difficulty of the task...

Best of luck, bro'...

DakinechicK

Good luck Chris. Sometimes change is for the better and it sounds like you are doing what is right for you. I hope the best for you and yours!

May God bless you in this new endeavor!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

DragonBlu

Good luck with your new direction. It is a noble cause and like I have always said "if you can help just one person,it will be a success". Most criminals have some good in them and all you need to do is help them see it. As I have seen,a lot of them will turn their life around if they can find the good inside themselves. All the best to you Rook.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Thanks again guys.. I read all the posts! they mean a lot.
And yes not all people who commit crimes are bad, some are just mislead. Heck, If I was to hit rock bottom, I would hope somebody would be standing above me with their hand held out. We are all human, we all make mistakes now and then. Unfortunately I can't change everyone, but I can try making this world a better place one person at a time. That one person could change the world, you just never know...

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks again guys.. I read all the posts! they mean a lot.
And yes not all people who commit crimes are bad, some are just mislead. Heck, If I was to hit rock bottom, I would hope somebody would be standing above me with their hand held out. We are all human, we all make mistakes now and then. Unfortunately I can't change everyone, but I can try making this world a better place one person at a time. That one person could change the world, you just never know...
Good for you man. Glad you will be doing something that means a lot to you. Best of luck to you brother.

Rookasaki

So my application was accepted and I have a testing date for the 23rd of this month. I spoke to the Chief, he basically offered me the job pending I pass the test. It's my understanding the entry test is fairly easy as it's a problem solving multiple choice test. I'm "cautiously confident" I'll pass, however I could use some prayers... As I always get nervous when I take tests. So yeah, If you wouldn't mind shooting some more prayers my way It would mean a lot. Thanks Guys! :)

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
So my application was accepted and I have a testing date for the 23rd of this month. I spoke to the Chief, he basically offered me the job pending I pass the test. It's my understanding the entry test is fairly easy as it's a problem solving multiple choice test. I'm "cautiously confident" I'll pass, however I could use some prayers... As I always get nervous when I take tests. So yeah, If you wouldn't mind shooting some more prayers my way It would mean a lot. Thanks Guys! :)
On the way bro....

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member