So I have a few questions...

Pointman1776

Elite Member
Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Kayo7

1. At what speed can you SAFELY downshift into first gear when coming to a normal stop? To clarify: this is without letting out the clutch to actually engage first gear, but rather this purpose is just to get the bike into first for the take off.

1. I downshift down to first somewhere about 5-10 mph and just make sure that the clutch is all the way in.

[*]Why are so many car drivers idiots?
    [*]Why do cars try to pull out and jump out in front of you EVEN WHEN THEY SEE YOU COMING and then try to speed away?!?!
    [*]Instead of a double-0 "License To Kill", can I have a license to bitch slap stupid drivers instead?
    I figured these questions were all tied together so I grouped them as such. My personal believe is that the idiot car drivers are the ones that have never rode a motorcycle and don't understand what we have to do and go through to try to keep ourselves safe.

[*]When filling up at a gas station, ever notice that guys shake the nozzle before replacing the nozzle back onto the receiver, but gals just pull it out and hang it up?
    I've never paid enough attention to that but I know that I personally do that. Don't want it to drip on my car/bike.

[*]Does the TBR exhaust system get tiresome on long drives or commutes? Sounds so good, but worried that it would get annoying after a long commute every day, day after day...
    I have the TBR Black Series Carbon Fiber and love the noise of it, whether I am on a long trip or just around town driving. I've done a 2 hour trip with it and it doesn't bother me, but being around cars my whole life including Route 66 Drag Strip, and Joliet Speedway (Nascar) loud exhaust doesn't bother me.

[*]Is the juice box, for all intents and purposes, basically a "must have" when getting a TBR?
    I was told that it is "highly" recommended (or get a DynoJet Power Commander V) so that the engine runs smoother, more powerful, and more efficient. Don't want the engine to be running lean and damage valves.

JSP

Super Moderator

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

06330i

Had the same problem with my shogun sliders as well, the right side bolt is too long, so I just used the bolt that was originally on the bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

On rim tape, if its the factory installed rim stripes, like on my white 2012, then those are painted on. And yes its safe to install, just use rubbing alchohol and a soft rag to clean the area first.

Maadi

17. Your knuckles might get sore due to gloves that are too tight. That was my problem with a previous set. The cloth/leather/whatnot would put pressure on the knuckles and eventually that turned to pain.