Slow Leak

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FitZ6R

Yup, like Jon said, some (but I doubt all) of the drop may be temp-related.

You could douse the tire, wheel, and valve with soapy water to see if you can detect a leak. If there's a puncture, it's clearly not a warranty issue, but the dealer might cover a leaking valve as a goodwill gesture. Sometimes all it takes is tightening the valve core.

As far as compressed air sources, you've already discovered that pay-by-the-minute is the worst way to fly. :eek: I have a self-contained, rechargeable jumpstarter / inflator that's pretty decent, and it won't kill your cycle battery. If you have room for it, a stationary, 120V compressor with a tank is a truly great thing to have. :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I always check my tires when they are cold. You get a more consistent reading each time this way.

As for air pumps, I use the same tire pump that I use for my road race bicycle. It only takes a few strokes to get 6-10 psi into the tire. I don't like to use air compressors that you find at gas stations because there really is no way to regulate the flow rate and pressure from them.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I use a bike pump and it works pretty good. I generally fill them up a little past where I want them and then use my gauge which has a bleed off button to drop it right where it should be.

I had a very slow leak in my truck tire just as you describe. I couldnt find anything wrong with it but decided to take it in before my cross country move. It did indeed have a nail in it. They patched it no prob. Free at that.