Slip on exhaust for FZ6R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclepickle1

Hey guys,

I just bought an 09 FZ6R and I'm loving it, except for the fact that it's so quiet. Dangerously quiet.

I'm looking for a cheap slip-on muffler for it, maybe in the $100 to $200 range. I'm not looking for a complete system or anything that requires welding/difficult installation. I've read on a couple forum posts that you can't put a slip-on on the FZ6R's stock muffler....I hope that's not true.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JSP

Super Moderator
Its true. I think there is only one other exhaust tip type thing out there. And even that is just for looks. No sound change or anything. The FZ exhaust is all built into the big square behemoth under there.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

It's true. Search "exhaust" for options One of our members Marthy does exhaust systems for some.

DragonBlu

Its true. I think there is only one other exhaust tip type thing out there. And even that is just for looks. No sound change or anything. The FZ exhaust is all built into the big square behemoth under there.
Damn-it Jay! You and Martin have faster typing skills and you are making me look bad.:D

kevin8198

Elite Member

unclepickle1

There's also the cheapest mod of all: the screwdriver mod. If you search for "exhaust" I'm sure it will come up in the results.
I've been warned about drilling your baffles, as I've heard it screws with your back pressure or something.....

I just bought this thing a few days ago so I'm a little wary about taking a drill bit to it. Does anybody have input on drilling the baffles?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

unclepickle1

Back on the soap box again. That guy on his cell phone won't hear you regardless of what exhaust your running. His windows are up, the radio is on, he's yakking on his phone, the AC is blaring. A louder exhaust is only going to turn the heads of pedestrians who maybe aren't on cell phones or have earplugs stuffed in connected to their IPod.

At the end, the person is either paying attention or they aren't. All the flashy lights and loud noises in the world won't change that. As a safe motorcycle rider we have to pay attention for them.

I bought the faster, yellow FZ6R. It's very visible. However, I could have an ambulance siren running, and that dude on his phone still wouldn't know I was there.
I agree, we do need to pay attention for the oblivious and no amount of noise will make them aware of their surroundings. However, all drivers are much more aware of a motorcycle that they can hear. A loud motorcycle IS safer than a silent one.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Status
Not open for further replies.