Skully Helmet - Eyes in the back of your head

rregal

knightmare

That is bad ***.... I won't one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsrTek

This WILL be my next helmet... I contacted the company a week or so ago, asking for estimate of when available to purchase. They have not gotten back to me :(

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

EsrTek

I doubt they will anytime soon.

although there was an article that estimated it would be over $1,000 and from what I recall it should be out this year! but im sure if you find the previous skully thread your can find the article and read it for yourself
Yeah I think I read/watched everything on it..It will be out this yr and is currently in testing phase.
As for the price, I paid nearly $700 for a shoei rf-1100, and with the cost of a decent GPS and Bluetooth. I think the price of helmet is on par and more than willing to pay it.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

This thing is so right up my alley, i cant wait for it to come out. The rear view camera just seems like an awesome safety feature so you dont have to look over your shoulder any more and take eyes off the road even for a split second. I own all built in bluetooth helmets, one nice one ($250) and it was no where near the price of a basic Shoei. Thats all about paying for name like buying a harley or i phone. I really dont see how they still get away with it. We all applied to be testers but of course none were selected that i know of. If its 1000 or more i will be forced to wait but i can guarantee that within a year of release it will have dropped price and others makers will have their own versions.

latony007

FYI i received an email from them today, months later, thanking me for signing up for the beta testing and that they would be letting selected riders know in the February if they have been selected. anyone else get one?

JSP

Super Moderator
FYI i received an email from them today, months later, thanking me for signing up for the beta testing and that they would be letting selected riders know in the February if they have been selected. anyone else get one?
Yeah, just got the email today as well.

ylwf3vr

yepyep! fingers crossed!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ravinx

I got my letter back in December. The estimated release do to some insider info is around march. An estimated price for first gen is about 700 to 750. they are trying to keep cost down to stay competitive. My hard guess is 800

latony007

I got my letter back in December. The estimated release do to some insider info is around march. An estimated price for first gen is about 700 to 750. they are trying to keep cost down to stay competitive. My hard guess is 800
last number being thrown around the site and was in an article i think was north of 1000, hopefully they can keep it to under, dont want to see only rich dudes wearing it. You know the asians will start making the same thing for 100 bucks within 5 years. If they are going to test in feb. march release seems unlikely though.