Signed up for my first trackday! Hellz Yeahz

Wavex

Looks great guys, I'm sure you had fun regardless of the weather. I now you know you can ride in anything!

So David what did you think of the track vs. the road? I really like the fact that you can work on a given corner over and over again until you get it right. That and no cars, dogs, curbs, police, etc, etc, young girls who tee-bone you...
I feel the exact same way... knowing the track by heart and not having to worry about cagers, cops, cliffs etc is awesome! all the focus goes to riding, which exponentially increases the fun :D

J

jsteinb95

wow! Awesome pictures....you guys look great.

Cali....you've got a couple magazine shots in there! Very nice.

Wavex

wow! Awesome pictures....you guys look great.

Cali....you've got a couple magazine shots in there! Very nice.
Thanks J! I could not resist and bought the picture package from the track photograph... a bit expensive but I thought it was worth it for my first track day! should have high res pics soon :cheer:

I agree, some of Cali's pics taken by the photograph are amazing!

J

jsteinb95

Thanks J! I could not resist and bought the picture package from the track photograph... a bit expensive but I thought it was worth it for my first track day! should have high res pics soon :cheer:

I agree, some of Cali's pics taken by the photograph are amazing!
Well, I would hope you bought some!!! I hope Cali did too. Looks like you had a great time. When's the next track day?

Wavex

Well, I would hope you bought some!!! I hope Cali did too. Looks like you had a great time. When's the next track day?
John and I are shooting for March 09... TBC :D I may bug him so much about it that we do another one earlier though :D:cheer:

Wolfman

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great day, nice pics so far too. Thanks for sharing.

:rockon:

Wavex

Do you ever do anything without him? ;););)
LOL nope!!! I can't even put my leathers on without his help! :D

More seriously, other than the fact that I really enjoy John's company, he also has a lot of experience and is really helpful in a lot of different ways... In many ways he is my riding mentor ;) plus it's more fun to go to the track with good friends! :rockon:

J

jsteinb95

LOL nope!!! I can't even put my leathers on without his help! :D
umm.....:eyebrow: Are you sure you should be posting that?!? :D

More seriously, other than the fact that I really enjoy John's company, he also has a lot of experience and is really helpful in a lot of different ways... In many ways he is my riding mentor ;) plus it's more fun to go to the track with good friends! :rockon:
I'm just givin you a hard time. I know what he means to you.

M

MarinaFazer

THOSE PHOTOS ARE AWESOME....it made my Monday morning to have a coffee and peruse track photos of people I "know". CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PS: post up or PM me when you go next, cuz I might join you since we're all pretty local.

Congratulations again, and I hope you learned SO much.

Wavex

THOSE PHOTOS ARE AWESOME....it made my Monday morning to have a coffee and peruse track photos of people I \"know\". CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PS: post up or PM me when you go next, cuz I might join you since we're all pretty local.

Congratulations again, and I hope you learned SO much.
Thanks man! will let you know next time :) :cheer:

L

luckyirishboy209

nice pics:rockon: now i want to go ride a track. just need to find one by my house?:confused: glade you didnt get hurt, keep up the good pics:thumbup:

S

Smittyboy

That camera is amazing! I mean it was all the one working it ;). Great shots! Those pics are amazing! How fast were you guys cornering during those pics?

Wavex

nice pics:rockon: now i want to go ride a track. just need to find one by my house?:confused: glade you didnt get hurt, keep up the good pics:thumbup:
I want a track by my house too! lol

We had to wake up at 4:00am and leave by 4:30am to make it to the track on time... took us 2.5h to get from Orange County to Buttonwillow. It was well worth it though...

Wavex

That camera is amazing! I mean it was all the one working it ;). Great shots! Those pics are amazing! How fast were you guys cornering during those pics?
Nah, you are right, it's the camera! Canon Rebel XTi rocks! you really don't need to be good to take great shots with that camera...

About your question, I have no idea how fast I was going all day... I don't remember looking at my speedo at all throughout the day... you really don't have time to worry about these things when riding on the track :) It was fast enough for me though!

Here is a sat photo of the track, with yellow arrows showing the configuration we were running:

View attachment 10949

Damn I want to go back so bad right now.....

Attachments

T

tom5796

Tres bon David! :thumbup:

Great pics and I second the props to the Canon Rebel.

R

rsw81

Looks like you had a really good time guys. Glad you both made it out with body and bike in one piece.