Signed up for my first trackday! Hellz Yeahz

Cali rider

Thanks! Yes, the boots are on the list as well :) just forgot to type it up.

We're going to Buttonwillow... leaving very early in the am... and yes, John has folding chairs + canopy...

About the tire pressure, I hear the Pilot Powers require higher pressure than most other tires? i.e. 35, 36psi? anyone heard that?
Sorry that I forgot to forward this to you, David:
Ok to run a Power 2CT in front and a regular Power rear?

I've talked with this guy, he's a rep and knows what he is talking about.

Hellgate

30/30 to 32/32 is a good starting point. Remember to measure your pressure cold at the beginning of the day and then at the end of your first session. It your pressure raises 2 to 4 lbs you are in the zone.

There was an 1125R dork at my last track day who was complaining about his front end not sticking. Come to find out he had 57 psi in his front tire on a rainy day!!!! This is the 55 year old guy who bought match his and her's 1125Rs. He brought no spare gas either and by the second session was trying to buddy up with the Duc guys to bum fuel. What a dork. :shakehead:

Have fun tomorrow!

B

bmccrary

Don't Panic and dont forget your towel!

Good luck man.

Hope to see some good shots!

-bryan

DefyInertia

Wavex

First of all, thanks again John for everything!

what a day... from 4:00am this morning to 10pm now, it has been non stop!

It was amazing and I am already looking forward to the next trackday... I'll post more details soon, but for now here is a preview:

John literally obliterated group B today, it was great to watch

and I did not crash! :D

:rockon::cheer:

Wavex

Unfortunately it did not... the weather was quite terrible with temperatures ranging from 45 to 60 degrees... no rain though, thankfully! we were all VERY glad to have thermals under our leather suits... we also had balaclavas under our helmets...

There were quite a lot of crashes throughout the day mainly due to the cold... ppl going out on the track and crashing in the first lap because of cold tires/track and the moisture due to the heavy fog in the morning, which delayed the start by about 30minutes...

Here are a few additional shots from the track photograph:

D

davidsa1

Awsome Dave, glad you had a good time! Where did you get the one piece A-star, that is a great price. I would like to start doing some track days next year so I might as well start gathering the gear now.

Wavex

Awsome Dave, glad you had a good time! Where did you get the one piece A-star, that is a great price. I would like to start doing some track days next year so I might as well start gathering the gear now.
Cyclegear had it on sale because it was the previous season model lol... stoked!

Get your gear and go to the track, it is simply AWESOME!

some more shots of Cali_Rider:

Cali rider

David rode exceptionally well. He was consistently passing other riders in high and low speed turns, he heeded the advice to WARM YOUR TIRES before pushing the limits, and most importantly he enjoyed himself! His demeanor on the road has improved dramatically in the last 3 months and he took that level of control to the track with predictable results. Honestly, if he had attended a trackday in June/July, he would have ended up on his ass with a mangled bike.

Conditions were marginal yesterday. Air temp was hovering around 50°F all day, with heavy fog until 10:00AM. Another member of our group, who was attending his first trackday as well, fell on the 2nd turn of a warmup lap (he forgot about the cold tires!!). Minor damage to his rearset and a bent brake lever was all he suffered, and he was back out for the following session.

I tried to video 2 sessions with Davids HERO camera. One session, using a helmet mount, came out fine as I followed a friend of mine as he used a rear-facing camera to capture me. The next session I switched to a fairing mount, but the camera shut down after 3 minutes. A pity as it was a session I would have liked to relive...

Oh well, that's it until March. Next year, California Speedway and Laguna Seca are going to happen. Those of you in CA, join us for some fun.

D

davidsa1

Cyclegear had it on sale because it was the previous season model lol... stoked!

Get your gear and go to the track, it is simply AWESOME!

some more shots of Cali_Rider:

Cool! I will have to hit them up next weekend, I have two locations within about an hour of me.

Hellgate

Looks great guys, I'm sure you had fun regardless of the weather. I now you know you can ride in anything!

So David what did you think of the track vs. the road? I really like the fact that you can work on a given corner over and over again until you get it right. That and no cars, dogs, curbs, police, etc, etc, young girls who tee-bone you...

Wavex

David rode exceptionally well. He was consistently passing other riders in high and low speed turns, he heeded the advice to [COLOR=\"Red\"]WARM YOUR TIRES[/COLOR] before pushing the limits, and most importantly he enjoyed himself! His demeanor on the road has improved dramatically in the last 3 months and he took that level of control to the track with predictable results. Honestly, if he had attended a trackday in June/July, he would have ended up on his ass with a mangled bike.

Conditions were marginal yesterday. Air temp was hovering around 50°F all day, with heavy fog until 10:00AM. Another member of our group, who was attending his first trackday as well, fell on the 2nd turn of a warmup lap (he forgot about the cold tires!!). Minor damage to his rearset and a bent brake lever was all he suffered, and he was back out for the following session.

I tried to video 2 sessions with Davids HERO camera. One session, using a helmet mount, came out fine as I followed a friend of mine as he used a rear-facing camera to capture me. The next session I switched to a fairing mount, but the camera shut down after 3 minutes. A pity as it was a session I would have liked to relive...

Oh well, that's it until March. Next year, California Speedway and Laguna Seca are going to happen. Those of you in CA, join us for some fun.
Thanks John I appreciate the comments!

Here is the rest of the pics: