*Sigh*

AngryAnt

Just bored, so why not make a random post? Its 4:40 AM, I've had one hours worth of sleep and I'm wide awake.
Today (technically yesterday) I had a massive shot of steroids injected directly into a herniated disc in my neck to help alleviate some pain, and the first day after steroids is always a weird one. I programmed software for like 14 hours straight just because I could, slept one hour, and well, now I'm wide awake and bored out of my mind.

So yeah, hows it hanging? I'm really hoping my neck feels better and I still have this energy tomorrow afternoon, so I can wash the bike, put on the new rim stripes, and put on the new puig screen.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

AngryAnt

This was my third. They help for a couple months, but eventually wear off. I caught the wrong side of a falling refrigerator about 16 months ago, and herniated my C5-C6 disc. At my age they won't consider surgery, so I just have these injections every 6 months or so :(. Not sure that surgery wouldn't just give me a different sort of pain anyway.

Not really sure what else to do. I just started a low dose meloxicam, I think it makes it slightly more tolerable on a daily basis. I tried a chiropractor once, and let's just say I'd rather have someone try to heal me by waving a dead chicken over me than ever go back to another chiropractor.

anson650

Sorry that you are hurting AA. I was going to make a flip comment about how great steroids are based on my brief experience in '09 and '10. Two weeks oral, then a month off and two more weeks. I FELT GREAT. Mentally I felt 19 again and physically like I could do anything. There are other modalities that can help you. Chiropractors helped me. I would not be walking with out them, but they are not for everyone. Last march I had to go off all pain meds. It was a bitch for a few weeks, but like I said there are other modalities you can try.
Good luck,
Anson
Someone told me, sometimes it is better to fall then to catch yourself. Or in your case, drop the damn fridge.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Sorry to hear about ur back injuries :(
Hope u guys get better soon or at least are able to control/ manage the discomfort. we all take our good health for granted sometimes. =\