Shinko 009 Ravens or Shinko 005 Advances

MattEnTheHat

So I am planning to get new tires on a budget and I have pretty much narrowed it down to either the Shinko 009 Ravens or the Shinko 005 Advances. The 009s are $137 for the set and the 005s are $151 for the set, so there's only a $14 difference.

I have heard good things about both tires, but I assume the 005s are a little grippier than the 009s, but last a little bit shorter?

Any advice? Has anybody owned both pairs for comparison?

Thanks for the help!

I've been running the Ravens primarily in the mountains
and canyons with no problems. I got around 9500 miles on
my last set if I remember correctly.
Memory is good, just short.

009's were a good compromise for me, if you want something that handles better the 005's are fine. I got Sportmax Q3's for $190 after rebate, I would suggest to wait for a deal like that. For $40 it's worth it I think.

I've been stalling for something like that as long as I could, but the front is getting seriously bald at this point, to the point that I'm not sure I should ride it. And I don't own a car, so not riding it isn't really an option.

I've been running the Ravens primarily in the mountains
and canyons with no problems. I got around 9500 miles on
my last set if I remember correctly.
Memory is good, just short.

Good info, thanks. I'm a pretty new rider, so I ride the mountains like a pansy, but I am also improving all the time, so I do want something that can stick reasonably well.

Revzilla is based in Philly.

Ohhh. That must get you nice speedy delivery then. Newegg (online electronics store) is based in LA, and I have ordered things at 11 PM, and had them arrive the following day with free shipping. I have no idea how they do it. I dunno if Revzilla is the same (I've never actually bought anything from them so far), but boy is it nice.

Back