Several pics from my training

Rat

Found some quiet roundabout with 40 ft diameter - just like Lee Parks recommends. So train my riding skills there everyday.

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

nice! wish i could find a spot like that to practice...

Insure Gal

pretty cool! :thumbup:

is that a tail bag on your pillion seat?

Detrich

Awesome. Getting better I see. ^_^

Am jealous.

Rat

I also train right turns - but at night, when I can see police from far away.
Perhaps they would not be satisfied to see me doing roundabout in reverse. :D

I'm not gonna give up - it's gonna be either highside or knee thing! In both cases it's gonna be nice pictures, LOL. :D:D:D
LOL need to buy several signs "Road closed" to make private track - "Rat's Laguna Seca Raceway"...:D:D:D

Last edited:

lothodon

just a word of caution from someone that's been there. had me a buell firebolt that i could ride the piss out off, and did a right hander without knee sliders and actually HAD to lean it over to make the corner. didn't hit the ground, but i did manage to catch that 2" rock that was in the 'perfect' spot.

tore the crap out of both my jeans and knee but thankfully didn't dump it. if you are trying to get down that far, get some sliders and leathers.

my issue has always been not being able to find leather pants that fit. i'm 6'4" and skinny and without going custom, store bought (online only too) is just too hard. i've had four pair none of which fit right. i've since given up.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rat

thanks for advice guys.
I have knees protection - but sometimes I just do not wear them.
Now will do.

lothodon

I'm grateful you took those posts well. Didn't want to offend. I've now got two bad knees (one from the incident, the other unrelated) and general life is not fun with bad knees. Seems I'm always in pain.

WANDERER

Update. Touched the ground by footped.

shooot, I don't know how to do this leaning thing with knees almost touching the ground....What's the purpose of it anyway.....somebody teach me pls.

Rat

I'm doing that for fun. And this is good actually because you feel more confident when doing turns on the street. However I did not touch ground by the knee. Seems I need more long legs or need to relocate footpeds. :)

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member