Service intervals

geko

What is the service interval for the FZ6R?

I have an XJ6S in the UK and the service interval in the owners manual is 6000 miles, but I've seen on pages elseswhere on the 'net 4000 mile interval for the FZ6R and also 5000Km (3200 miles).

Pete

pilninggas

I have an XJ6S in the UK and the service interval in the owners manual is 6000 miles, but I've seen on pages elseswhere on the 'net 4000 mile interval for the FZ6R and also 5000Km (3200 miles).

Pete
hi pete,

i am also in UK (proud to be English though!!).

the intervals are every 6000 (excluding the first service at 600miles/1000kms).

so 6000,12000,18000, etc the exception being if you do less mileage per year in which it should be service each year.

I had the dealer do the first service as labour was free, but will be doing my own servicing from 6000 onwards.

I see you are in Rutland, near all those long, straight fen roads i guess!!

mervyn.

geko

Actually we're slightly west of the Fens in Rutland, lots of nice twisty roads here. In fact I live at one end of the B664 Mkt Harborough to Uppingham road which is a big favorite with bikers from all over.

Roaddawg

Pete
Here in the US, the FZ6R is every 4000 miles for oil changes. (after the initial break-in). Every 8k for spark plugs. 26k for valve adjustments. That's the basics.

geko

Here in the US, the FZ6R is every 4000 miles for oil changes. (after the initial break-in). Every 8k for spark plugs. 26k for valve adjustments. That's the basics.
That's what I thought I'd seen somewhere.

In the UK XJ6 owners manual it is 6K for oil, 12K for spark plugs and 24K for valves and air filter element

I wonder why they have completely different service intervals for the same engine?

Pete

travstoll

That's what I thought I'd seen somewhere.

In the UK XJ6 owners manual it is 6K for oil, 12K for spark plugs and 24K for valves and air filter element

I wonder why they have completely different service intervals for the same engine?

Pete
Maybe you have a higher standard for oil over there?....doesn't break down or need to be changed as soon.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Ugh, coming up on my 8K mark... will have to look at plugs, got my oil filter, just have to get oil... probably air filter too (as I live on a small section of gravel road).
I'm up to 13k and haven't yet changed my plugs. Still running great. I bought new plugs, just haven't put them in yet.

JonKerr

Elite Member