Seat position

ylwf3vr

Reading through the manual I saw that the seat has L and H settings. The seller has it on H and I've been comfortable riding that way. Although it seems like I'm leaving forward a lot.

Is there a science to that or just user preference? I'm 5'9, 135 lbs.

VRIIClubby

6'3" @ 253 lbs, mine is on H, also feel like I was being pushed forward during my break in time, I have either adapted to the forward feeling or dont realise it's happening now...

My gripe would be the peg positioning with my longer legs, back a smidge would be ideal

xleeb0y13x

I think it's just a personal thing. I'm 5'10" 155lbs and I have it set low. I like to be able to flat foot standing and have space between me and the bike.

Sent while running with scissors.

MaximumHP

I've been considering moving mine to H to see if it gives me a little more leg room (or am I just kidding myself?), but was wondering if I'll end up feeling like I'm leaning over too much then. I'm a shortie at 5'-7"

Chucker

I'm 6'2" and I have mine on low, with FZ1 bars. I like it. Considered moving it to high, but I don't like the look of the gap under the seat.

linkgt

6'0" here. I have it on high and it's a lot more comfortable on my legs. They dont cramp as fast as they did before.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

try it

I have mine not only on low but took out the rubber pieces and the L/H seat piece cause im such a midget about 5-6. Im thinking about putting it back though. Although I can almost completely flat foot It now I think it causing more stress on my wrists.

mikebaileyvienna

Elite Member

Maadi

5'7"
I tried H for one ride, hated it. Felt like I was teetering over the bike, not with it. Made me feel very uncomfortable in curves. Of course, I do have handlebar raisers, so maybe the combo was just too much. Didn't feel like it helped with my knee angle at all, I just had my ankles bent less.

ylwf3vr

Thanks all! Maybe tomrrow i'll ride on L and see..

Bert-Aus

I have mine set on H (5'11" or 180cm) and I flat foot no matter what (except on steep cross falls).

In regards to leaning forward, that is all rider inclination/ preference.

I have noticed over time that by perching forward you place more of your weight forward bearing down on front forks (which can cause a slippy rear, esp when braking),
this also reduces how much you can tuck down and over for cornering or high speed.
If you slide your bum backwards and tuck down you can lean your body out and down further for tighter cornering.

Watch Moto2 or Moto3 for a prime example of their positioning on bikes for aerodynamics and cornering, or in MotoGP Crutchlow, Bradl (I watch those guys as they are around my height)

ajones70

Im 5'8" and took the seat link out altogether! I had it on low the first couple of weeks but I like it better now with no link as I can flat foot no problem. I feel more comfortable now. Everyone is different tho so try them all and whatever works for you is right :D
My hubby is 6'5 and if he was to ride my bike he would have the link set on high.

latony007

wrists

Im 5'8" and took the seat link out altogether! I had it on low the first couple of weeks but I like it better now with no link as I can flat foot no problem. I feel more comfortable now. Everyone is different tho so try them all and whatever works for you is right :D
My hubby is 6'5 and if he was to ride my bike he would have the link set on high.
You notice any more pressure on your wrists or hands since you took the link out? I also too the link and the rubber pieces off the seat.

ylwf3vr

Put on L to come to work today.. I liked it on H.. can't exactly explain why.. on L my shoulders felt very uncomfortable.. also didn't felt quite "right" leaning through a turn..

Could be all in my head tho :p

ajones70

You notice any more pressure on your wrists or hands since you took the link out? I also too the link and the rubber pieces off the seat.
Nope none at all. Feels very comfortable for me. Is it bothering your wrists or shoulders then? I left the seat as it was.