running over bikes like bowling pins

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

danieljardim

Last time I checked, vehicular manslaughter was right up there with all the other dog acts. Getting a punch in the face or a smashed window is nothing compared to running someone over.
If I feel that my family is in danger, I would hurt you (not really you freddy) with a car, knife, sword, gun, bazooca, small refrigerator, whatever i can put my hands on it and I would deal with the consequences later like a man.

crobih

Thx for the name calling bud, if your argumentative skills are anything like your riding skills, then I totally side with the aussie Cagers. Good day sir

MiniMose

omg... until they have a video of them instigating the issue you are all wrong... the facts are this

1. car hit motorcycle and fled (was scared... should have called the cops)
2. car then fled
3. motorcycles gave chase.
4. motorcycle slowed (wasn;t really a brake check) quickly and was hit by driver
5. motorcycles boxed in.
6. car drove OVER motorcycles and fled
7. motorcycles gave chase, boxed in, and again car ran over bikes and fled.
8. motorcycles caught up and beat the shit out of car driver.

seems to me everyone is guilty... the only reason i am upset... is that people are missing the bigger point, and ignoring his part in all of this.

it's all disgusting really, and i am appalled at the ignorance and hatred of the general public, and sadly this forum.

i had almost forgot that the internet only exists for negativity. i had been hanging out with awesome motovloggers to long, and forgot that this vitriol still exists

danieljardim

omg... until they have a video of them instigating the issue you are all wrong... the facts are this

2. car then fled
4. motorcycle slowed (wasn;t really a brake check) quickly and was hit by driver
5. motorcycles boxed in.

seems to me everyone is guilty... the only reason i am upset... is that people are missing the bigger point, and ignoring his part in all of this.

it's all disgusting really, and i am appalled at the ignorance and hatred of the general public, and sadly this forum.

i had almost forgot that the internet only exists for negativity. i had been hanging out with awesome motovloggers to long, and forgot that this vitriol still exists
The reality is nobody knows what really happened.

I hit a bike, car, truck, bus, tractor on the road. we both stop and call the cops. It's a fender bender, shit happens. Everybody acts like adults and we go on with our lives.

Another reality check.

Did you watch the other videos that the guy pulled out of the internet?

Quads on streets, bikes without plates, splitting traffic (illegal in NYC), riding on side walks, wheeles (even the guy recording did) = bunch of assholes. Not bikers that deserve our respect.

You tell me that johnkerr, marthy, CC, Rook, Buzzbomb, Nismo, MistahT, JT and many others from this forum are riding together and something like that happened I could guarantee that would never escalate to a chase and bikes getting ran over and smashing windows with helmets.

We real bikers deserve respect when we respect the road and others.

I'm sorry but I feel no sorry for those guys. I feel sorry for the 2 year old kid that was probably crying on the back seat thinking that a bunch of :zombie: were punching the window and chasing the car trying to eat his family brains.

Last edited:

MiniMose

The reality is nobody knows what really happened.

I hit a bike, car, truck, bus, tractor on the road. we both stop and call the cops. It's a fender bender, shit happens. Everybody acts like adults and we go on with our lives.

Another reality check.

Did you watch the other videos that the guy pulled out of the internet?

Quads on streets, bikes without plates, splitting traffic (illegal in NYC), riding on side walks, wheeles (even the guy recording did) = bunch of assholes. Not bikers that deserve our respect.

You tell me that johnkerr, marthy, CC, Rook, Buzzbomb, Nismo, MistahT, JT and many others from this forum are riding together and something like that happened I could guarantee that would never escalate to a chase and bikes getting ran over and smashing windows with helmets.

We real bikers deserve respect when we respect the road and others.

I'm sorry but I feel no sorry for those guys. I feel sorry for the 2 year old kid that was probably crying on the back seat thinking that a bunch of :zombie: were punch the window and chasing the car trying to eat his family brains.
who cares what was happening before... show me where this guy was involved.

this is just like ROC... its ok to impound vehicles cause they are warm.. because you might have been riding with a group breaking the law.

truth is no one knows for sure how this particular incident started (really wish people would stop bringing up stuff that doesnt involve the RR)

truth is... if i saw 10 of my friends get ran over... not knowing if they are dead or alive... and the car pulls off... im chasing. maybe that makes me a bad person.. or part of the problem... i don't care.... you don't hit people with your car because they scare you... you hit people with your car because they are going to kill you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkE3yaDNeQ]RangeRover Runs Over Motorcycles: Response - YouTube[/ame]

is a pretty good take.. and i agree completely.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Cerebus

2. car then fled
5. motorcycles boxed in.

I'm not sure I see it this way on the video. Was there a "hit" before the guy "brake checked" him? We don't see anything happen before that.

MiniMose

So he should have just waited there while the crowd gathered and swarmed him his wife and their 5 month old child, and waited for them to bust out the tea and crumpets??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
he should have called the cops, and tried to get out of the way without running a bunch of people over... if he accidentally swiped the bikers, which is what a few of the reports are saying... he should have apologized profusely and called the authorities... which makes me wonder if it was an accident, honestly. i think like most people in cars... he felt "threatened" .. decided to dish out a little "justice" and picked the wrong crowd... then everyone escalated it to a level that it shouldnt have gone.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MiniMose

OMG.... WHO CARES WHAT THEY DESERVED!?

that is not what. i am arguing.... this... this is why i am pissed.

2 people were involved... a biker you may or may not have instigated... and a car who may or may not have instigated...

why is that so ****ing hard to understand.

im done. nice knowing you assholes.

danieljardim

who cares what was happening before... show me where this guy was involved.

this is just like ROC... its ok to impound vehicles cause they are warm.. because you might have been riding with a group breaking the law.

truth is no one knows for sure how this particular incident started (really wish people would stop bringing up stuff that doesnt involve the RR)

truth is... if i saw 10 of my friends get ran over... not knowing if they are dead or alive... and the car pulls off... im chasing. maybe that makes me a bad person.. or part of the problem... i don't care.... you don't hit people with your car because they scare you... you hit people with your car because they are going to kill you.

RangeRover Runs Over Motorcycles: Response - YouTube

is a pretty good take.. and i agree completely.

I wouldn't hit people with a car because they scare me. You miss the point. I will hit people with car if I feel they will cause harm to my family.

We are not pointing fingers who is right or wrong. We're just husbands and fathers that would do the same to protect our loved ones.

By the way.

If 10 of your friends get involved in any situation like that, maybe you need to pick better friends.

MiniMose

I wouldn't hit people with a car because they scare me. You miss the point. I will hit people with car if I feel they will cause harm to my family.

We are not pointing fingers who is right or wrong. We're just husbands and fathers that would do the same to protect our loved ones.

By the way.

If 10 of your friends get involved in any situation like that, maybe you need to pick better friends.
you are pointing fingers though...none of this is ok... BOTH parties should be CHARGED... i feel like i am taking ****ing crazy pills.

*EDIT*.... i am physically ill at the response to all of this... i am completely distraught. I feel like i am being completely misunderstood.

250 + views on my repsonse video... all negative... 90 on my video with the great footage from the Tail of the Dragon... the internet exist only for venom and vitriol... its disgusting, and i can't honestly believe that people aren't being reasonable in admitting, that without any evidence, that this guy is 50/50 at fault as the guys on the bikes...

Last edited:

danieljardim

you are pointing fingers though...none of this is ok... BOTH parties should be CHARGED... i feel like i am taking ****ing crazy pills.
That I totally agree with you. BOTH parties should be charged... Let the law decided who is right or wrong.

Like I said it before. I would have done the same and deal with the consequences later like a man.

Family safety > law abiding citizen.

MiniMose

That I totally agree with you. BOTH parties should be charged... Let the law decided who is right or wrong.

Like I said it before. I would have done the same and deal with the consequences later like a man.

Family safety > law abiding citizen.
THIS... this is the first time i have heard anyone saying he should be charged.... the absolute first... this... is an acceptable answer to all of this...

1: would i have done the same... YES....should i have been held accountable for it? YES!!
2: would i have reacted like the bikers... YES.... should i have been held accountable... YES

honestly.. this... is what people should be saying... not."good... im glad it happened, that guys should be given a medal"

linkgt

THIS... this is the first time i have heard anyone saying he should be charged.... the absolute first... this... is an acceptable answer to all of this...

1: would i have done the same... YES....should i have been held accountable for it? YES!!
2: would i have reacted like the bikers... YES.... should i have been held accountable... YES

honestly.. this... is what people should be saying... not."good... im glad it happened, that guys should be given a medal"
It's still being investigated and for the time being, it seems the driver was on the right. I'm sure if there's evidence of the driver driving away after the accident happened, he will be charged with something...

Biker arrested as police hunt two more motorcyclists wanted for wild upper Manhattan attack caught on video - NY Daily News

Unfortunately, that's probably not the case because the thug with the camera would've posted that on YouTube and or showed it to the cops already. Instead, he conveniently edited out the before and after of the original video, which WOULD PROVE the bikers innocence(or not?)

I get it, you want him to be charged with manslaughter and be put to jail and await trial. However, as I pointed above, the evidence is all against the riders. Chill out buddy.

MaximumHP

I'm sure it will be investigated, but he was using deadly force in presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm, which is legal. What would they charge him with?

MiniMose

Meises, a biker who was injured when Lien sped away, may never walk again

Meises stopped because he saw the bike get hit, from Cruz...he was stopping to make sure Cruz was ok, then was ran over.. now he is paralyzed, may never walk again... and is in a medically induced coma... the guy in the range rover is ok... save for pride, some cuts and bruising (all of which will heal), and the "fear" of motorcycles he will have to deal with.

should ne not, justified or not for his actions... be held accountable for what happened to meises, a person how has not been named as an attacker, merely a person in the crowd?

linkgt

I'm sure it will be investigated, but he was using deadly force in presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm, which is legal. What would they charge him with?
The only thing I could possibly think of is I stated above,Driving away from the scene of an accident. However, I remember reading in the article that the driver did stop, but then the bikers started to cause damage to his car which prompted him to drive away. I Believe this is when the video starts...