RPM or MPH ?

SeggyGuy

MPH I listen to the engine to gauge my RPM. Although I tend to try and watch the road not my displays :D.

Wooster

Hell I never look at my speed. It's going to catch up with me here sooner or later.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Enjarin

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Andy

Spedo on highway going to work to make sure I keep it under 80 in the 65. Twistys coming home tach, keep her 7-11K and check speed to make sure I'm doubling the suggested corner speed. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rookasaki

If I'm cruising through town I check the speedo but usually more just to confirm what I'm hearing and feeling, knowing what gear I'm in and how it sounds. I put a speedo heeler on the bike so now I know exactly how fast I'm going. I really don't want to get a ticket cruising around the town. If I'm going to get one I want to earn it. :spank: j/k When I'm riding hard, it's all about hearing and feeling what the bike is doing. I NEVER look at the gauges when I'm on it. In fact one thing they like you to do when you go to the track, especially the first time, is tape up your speedo so you don't spook yourself when you're suddenly going 20mph faster than you ever have through turns.
Taping up your speedo would be a good training aid. I'm still trying to get use to the high RPM's of my 600.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Detrich

I noticed that on 'good riding days,' spot checking the speedo makes me go wow, I've never gone this fast b4.... On 'bad riding days' it's just depressing. LOL.

It's so difficult trying to become consistent. Wish every time I went out was a good riding day. But, I like being able to spot check the speedo to know how I'm doing each time.

If I'm having a bad day then it also reminds me to just accept it and not force it to much. There are some days when its better just to take it easy. And on good days it's encouraging.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member