Rossi's Gyroscopic Camera

JonKerr

Elite Member

Spunky99

Nice limp and he used a cane to walk away from the bike.

gearhead

How is that lean angle possible??? Defies my perception of the law of physics.

pyrocpu

Dang, it even seemed like he was at full lean on what seemed to be straightaways!! ;)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FitZ6R

Lean angle, way cool.

Screenfull of man ass, not so much.

ME_with_a_B

Jeeeebus... his lean angle has me squirming in my chair... that is just nutz!!! :eek:

What a wicked camera...

Spunky99

Screenfull of man ass, not so much.
I didn't think of it that way...:eek:

CrazyCawi

I still cant believe he could complete a lap, let alone full on practice and to come in 4th with a broken tibia! Most of us would be sitting on our asses at home...not even attempting to get on the bike. Another reason why VR is my idol.....

Detrich

The pros always make it look so easy- regardless whatever sport or task it is they're doing... The rest of us can only watch in awe... Sigh

Sparkxx1

hmmm... into the garage i go... what can i take apart to make one of these?
You would need a gyroscope, set it to spin before you lean and then have sensors hooked up to it. once the gyroscope is at full spin it wants to resist turning sideways, that's how the camera knows where the horizontal is.

CrazyCawi

The pros always make it look so easy- regardless whatever sport or task it is they're doing... The rest of us can only watch in awe... Sigh
I know. Its so unreal, I wanna ask nascar guys if they are envious of what it takes to motoGP. With how intense it is, and how advanced you have to be with skill....I cant believe our country isnt into GP more than it is. Its kind of sad. :rant:

iSpoolin

Dude, thats just straight scary lean angle.

bakkenlab

dont know if you guys have seen this view but its pretty crazy. interesting to see how they downshift and how they get the bike almost horizontal

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Ph5nVhvk0&feature=feedf]YouTube - ‪[Septembre 2010] Hockenheim / BMW S1000RR / Camera gyroscopique - S2M BMW Motorrad‬‏[/ame]