Rider Insurance Policy Change

Botty12

I wish insurance was this cheap in Canada.

I would be paying $2200/year with no accidents, no tickets, and I'm over 25...I'm just fortunate there's still one insurance company in my area that strikes deals, but I'm still paying more than you guys at $550/year.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

jarshie

hmm, i have rider insurance as well and just checked online, couldnt find any changes in price or info... will try to check the mail to see if i got a letter from them though

latony007

Yours isn't collision though, right? I think his included collision. My quote with Rider is $165 full coverage 50k/100k coverages for liability um/uim. 250 deductibles. Collision covers motorcycles up to $45,000 including $8000 in accessories and roadside assistance. Right now I pay $450ish for full coverage a year and coverages aren't as high (that's Progressive). Liability only on Progressive is next to nothing.
No collision (wreck) or comp (stolen) on mine, which is why its $110 a year. Your quote with Rider is $165 a YEAR with comp and collision???

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Yeah and not even lowest coverages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
WTH, I was quoted like 120 a month with comp and collision. 165 a year seems ridiculously low. Must be good old California which I don't think rider services
ok so I just went to "add" another FZ6r to my policy with full coverage, went from $216 per year for 2 motorcycles with min coverage to 1032 per year with 3 adding the full coverage.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bmw675

No mostly northeast and Virginia, West Virginia. I am sure they factor in most riders not riding all year long here. In cali you guys can ride year round for the most part. I may get 7 months if I am lucky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Based on claims/crime in certain zip codes too. I moved 2.5 hours away, still in IL, and all my insurance rates went down by at least 10%, just because of location.

I can't wait until I turn 28 this summer, here's to hoping mine goes down.

Swordfish

It felt so good to switch to Rider today. I went from paying $260 down and $135 a month to Progressive, to $350~ a YEAR!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Yeah, I pay $38/month now for comp/collision with Progressive. It's not that it's super expensive, but if Rider is a stand up company and is WAY less then it's time to make the move. $228/year (19/month if broken down that way) in 4 payment vs 38/month x 12 payments. Better coverages with Rider as well. They seem biased towards cruisers and standards though. Think they still consider the FZ6R a standard. Accessory coverage is $8000, but only for non-sport/performance bikes. I understand sport bikes are more expensive in crashes, but many of my friends at work have $20,000+ Harleys compared to my $6000+ 6R. LOL!
Damn, cost of living in California I tell ya!

Headlessmunky

I emailed Rider and this is their response:
"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rider Insurance. Rider’s Motorcycle / ATV Classifications are based on the insurance risk associated with the particular makes and models. This is something that is reviewed periodically and adjusted according. Unfortunately, due to the high losses associated with your type of motorcycle, it was reclassified and is now considered a high performance vehicle under the Rider guidelines. With respect to how this will affect your renewal, you will see an increase in premium. The new premium amount for the upcoming term is $1561.00."

I went from $268/year to $1561/year. I am 21 with a clean record, I am married, and a solid 3.5 GPA.

jarshie

wow, thats a very hefty price increase. Still yet to see or hear anything on my end :/

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I just did a quote with them for the highest limits $312.79
Collision and comprehensive and that's per year? I thought mine was cheap but I guess not.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Yep, all limits maxed out. and 500 deductible.
See now for that i would have gotten full coverage! To go from $120 a year to $1440 a year for collision and comp. is not a financially sound move. I only owe 5k on the bike why would i want to spend 1440 a year to insure 5k?? ok thats it i am moving to the east cost, LOL ok maybe not.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member