Rider Down

thinblueline413

I want to share my experience with everyone. On September 8th 2013 I was cruising on a remote four lane highway in East Tennessee. Two days later I woke up in a hospital. I cannot remember anything but after talking to some people an 18 wheeler came over on me in my lane and caused me to flip end over end. My bike then laid onto it's right side. I proceeded to slide down the road 987 feet. I suffered multiple injuries including both wrists and elbows to break, my neck and face broke, three ribs broke, a ruptured spleen and some road rash. I came very close to dying. My wrist was so severely damaged I had to have emergency surgery and they had to take a bone graph from my forearm to reconstruct my wrist. Also they had to place three pins in my left wrist and two screws in my right elbow. I am healing good and just now able to inform this forum on my situation. I try to be a responsible rider and I wasn't doing anything wrong. The driver didn't stop and no one could get any information on him. If I had not had a helmet on I would have died. People do not respect riders. Everyone ride safe and please wear a helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

JonKerr

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Motomama

Wow, Thank God you survived and are still with us. You are a miracle. I m praying that you will have a full recovery. God bless you!!

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

surfcycle

This is a sobering story - I hope you fully recover physically and mentally so you can ride again soon. I would have hoped that 18-wheelers (being professional drivers) would be less of a risk but maybe it's a visibility thing, fatigue issue, or something else. Anyway, no excuse for running you over. Wish they were caught so they don't kill someone.

Get better and keep your spirits up my friend.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Holy moly... Scary! Praying for quick recovery!

ajones70

So glad to hear you are healing and still here to tell us what happened. Take it easy and lets hope that trucker doesnt kill someone. You had a guardian angel riding with you that day for sure.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

thinblueline413

Thanks everyone for the thoughts wishes and prayers. I'm trying to keep good spirits and hopefully everything will go good and I can ride again. My fz6r is in a friends shop being painted, looks like I get to do all the cosmetic mods that I wanted to do before lol

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

That is a bummer but glad to hear your better. As a trucker I will say bikes are able to disappear really easy even with all our mirrors. Not a excuse but a reality.

Sent while running with scissors.

thinblueline413

Whoa! Your bike (I assume) flipped end over end, and wasn't completely totaled? That's pretty amazing.
It's unbelievable but I had adjusters and mechanics to do a thorough check and it is all cosmetic. I was very surprised. I got the worst end of the accident lol

thinblueline413

That is a bummer but glad to hear your better. As a trucker I will say bikes are able to disappear really easy even with all our mirrors. Not a excuse but a reality.

Sent while running with scissors.
Thanks. I respect truckers and understand that it's difficult to always see everything. I know you're not trying to make excuses. I'm not mad at him or have any hard feelings I just wish he would've stopped instead of slamming on his brakes and then leaving