Rear Fender

NeoTericJM

Has anyone had trouble getting the rear fender off? I tried to start on my Fender Eliminator but can not seem the get the fender off. I went from above and below. I took the seat off and used the allen on the top. and tried a socket, regular wrench, and pliers on the under. They really seemed to have tightened them on like hell. I keep waiting for one to break and me go flying. Do I just have to keep trying? Or is there some way to do it that I am not seeing?

Last edited:
My Nuts were welded to the fender underneath. All I had was one of those fold up types of allen wrench sets, and that couldn't do it. I needed the big T-handle type. took a bit of a 'doin, but they came off.

My Nuts were welded to the fender

Marthy beat me to it.

I concur on the impact wrench angle, but only if you do a lot of maintenance yourself. It's not worth it to invest in an air compressor and impact wrench just for one job.

But, if you like the sound of it, do a pawn shop excursion. The Pawn shops in my area are half outdated stereo equipment, half impact wrenches.

Oh, and a glass counter full of rare metals and shattered marriages.

just got me a set of allen hex bit sockets, I'm thinking they will come in handy.
So much easy to use than the regular allen wrenches.

just got me a set of allen hex bit sockets, I'm thinking they will come in handy.
So much easy to use than the regular allen wrenches.

I got a set and they work great! You can use them with a torque wrench.

Back