R6S Mirror install, broken!

MikeN02

Was installing my R6S mirrors I bought off of D2Moto and this happened!

I've emailed D2Moto and hopefully they'll email me back soon.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

Yeah that might be an issue if they're cheap knock offs. Mine have steel studs. (I know they're steel they were slightly rusted when I go them plus they're magnetic) So I'm sure mine are actually OEM ones. Sorry dude. Hope they do the right thing and either take them back or replace it.
Yeah, I saw that on the stock's there is a steel base plating so the bolt doesn't strip off. This one is just covered in a plastic/aluminum casing.

$35 down the drain.

MrGti

I found my oem r6s mirrors used in new shape on ebay for around 40 bucks. You just have to look around for a few days. Suck to hear about your mirrors.

GF_Playa

i had the exact same problem when i bought my mirrors from d2moto. happened when i did one last final crank on the bolt. i drilled a larger hole in the plastic on the mirror and put a different bolt on. pissed me off that it broke but cant even tell with the covering on, so you may be able to save what you have

Spunky99

i had the exact same problem when i bought my mirrors from d2moto. happened when i did one last final crank on the bolt. i drilled a larger hole in the plastic on the mirror and put a different bolt on. pissed me off that it broke but cant even tell with the covering on, so you may be able to save what you have
I snugged mine down W/O any issues.
Of course they are cheap and I've scratched and strafed them coming through tight places and I don't care for the price.

MikeN02

How did you make the bolt stay on there? If you drill a hole then it's just a hole and a bolt?

Spunky99

MikeN02

Glad to see I wasn't the only one with the problem.

I emailed D2moto's sales and it took a while for them to get back to me. They asked me what model year bike I had and I told a little white lie, saying I had a 2003 R6 and (true part) saw that the stock plate on some of my friends are made out of steel or some sort and that the d2moto ones are made out of aluminum or something.

They emailed me back and said they can give me a refund of the item ($26.90) but not for the shipping ($11.90) and I asked what the shipping return address is if they want to look for themselves to diagnose the problem.

So basically I might be out the price of the mirrors themselves if I ship them back ($11.90) x 2 is about $23 or so and I'd really only be saving $3 for all the trouble. That is of course if they want them back but hopefully not.

I'm looking at my local craigslist for anyone parting their R6 or R6S but haven't had any luck, so I might try the new Kawasaki way if it fits.

Last edited:

MikeN02

D2Moto sales emails take forever, I mean about 2 - 3 days before they email you back!

Anywho, they said they'll refund it but I'll have to send the mirrors back, which in my case I would only gain about $4 or $5 for the work.

26.90 or so for the mirrors, they charge me 11.90 for the shipping.

I spend 11.90 or so for the shipping back, and only get about 10 bucks back...

I don't think it's worth the hassle for 10 bucks.