Quite bike

Roman25

Hello. I have a 09 fz6r as most may know this bike is very quite. I'm new to riding so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. How can I make my bike louder? What are some of the easier option? What do you recommend I doBike muffl .jpg

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jacobg98

Delkevic also sells a full exhaust system for our bikes. It is a cheaper option than two brothers or the other big brands. I got mine (w/ the 8" stainless round muffler) used but practically brand new for about half MSRP. Some say that it sounds a little raspy, but I like it just fine. It's pretty loud, even with the baffle in. I can hear it just fine at any speed with or without ear plugs. Not overly obnoxious for most people, but definitely loud enough to be heard.

jjmaine

My 8” muffler is way too loud for me, even with the “quiet baffle” in. I picked up a 14” carbon muffler from Delkevic and also got their extra quiet baffle. I’ll try it with the standard baffle first and if thats not enough use the long one.
They do seem very well made and for a grwat price. Also many different muffler lengths/styles to choose from. I’d prefer an undertail exhaust but my bike came with the Delkevic and its kind of growing on me…. As long as I can tone it down a bit lol.
IMG_1874.jpeg

jjmaine

Yes what you are talking about is your exhaust. The stock exhaust on this bike is all one piece so to remove it you have to replace it with a full exhaust. Lots of options out there depending on what you want and how much you want to spend. Just search for Fz6r exhausts…

jjmaine

Many people and exhaust manufacturers say that you don’t need a power commander but I would personally use one if I swapped out to an aftermarket full exhaust.

I think their reasoning is that if you keep to oem o2 sensor than the ecu will compensate and make any fueling changes needed. I’m not sure that the stock setup can change the fueling enough though when you go to a much more free flowing exhaust with no catalytic converter…. Then again I’m just a dummy when it comes to this stuff.🙂

American-fzr

It looks like the previous owner cut the "box" off the header and tack welded it back on. Can I just weld a peice of pipe in there and run it to my shorty pipe?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roman25

Previous owner may have gutted the exhaust (is it an exhaust and cat all in one)...
Can see a few videos of our famous Marthy exhausts on youtube

and a few with R6 header and slip-on (though R6 header needed a slight bend to fit)
Thank you!! I feel like I'm starting to understand more.