Pulled The Trigger!

Should I buy an extended warranty for $499 - 5 Years

• Yea you should - It's money well Spent

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No way - Don't waste Your Money

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

JoshF

I am the proud new owner od my 1st motorcycle. I bought a new 2009 FZ6R in Raven today. Your comments on this forum and the MCN article sealed the deal for me. It also sounds better than the 650R to me. Got a pretty good deal on it too.

Do you guys recommend the extended warranty? Dealer is offering $499 for 5 years and says this is a deal. What do you think?

Also - Frame sliders - should I get the ones made by Yamaha that require fairing mods or the no mod after market ones?

I am so psyched!

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats!

:thumbup:

F

FZ6Rgurl

When I bought my bike, I got the extended warranty that also includes you next set of tires free, and any accessories that I want they put them on for free. It's called the PPM. I don't know if your dealership does that though.

JonKerr

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Go with the T-Rex sliders. Cheaper and no modifications needed. :D

As for the warranty, waste of money. With proper maintenance, a Yamaha simply does not break and their warranty doesn't cover the "maintenance items" that wear anyway. :D $499 towards some uber-mods! :thumbup:

JoshF

I'm psyched. Can't have it delivered until Tuesday because they are closed on Sun-Mon. Just ordered reflective red rim strips.

T Rex sliders doesn't show the Fz6R on their site. How should I buy them? What is the difference between theirs and intuitive?

gearhead

Conrads and welcome to the madness. :)
Here's the link to T-REX Racing: Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks
T-Rex is $39.00 delivered to your door. Intuitive is $110. Not sure why there is so great a price difference other than that is what Intuitive thinks the market will bear. I'm running T-Rex on my bike and I am very satisfied with them. Customer service is amazing.
Good luck!

JonKerr

Elite Member

gearhead

Yeah, you have to contact them directly as the FZ6R sliders are not on the website (for some reason.) Be sure to mention the FZ6R Forum. I found communication through e-mail to be the easiest. There is a "contact us" link on the webpage with e-mail and phone information. Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks
Their motorcycle stands look pretty nice too.

fz6rwolf

Congrats, enjoy and be safe:)

NoDoze

Congratulations! :)

Next thing to think about is security. Invest in that because you don't want anyone to harm or take away your baby.

JoshF

Next thing to think about is security. Invest in that because you don't want anyone to harm or take away your baby.
Good point - what kind of security should I look at? Maybe I can buy a pet lion and chain him to the bike when I park it?

JoshF

NoDoze - seriously what kind of security do you recommend?

Where in the Bay area are you?