powerband ?

W

whatever

at what rpm does the bike stop pulling....... im hoping it's hgher then 9000 rpm.

Superzoom

The FZ6R will pull hard right to redline (I think around 12K), but you'll be in peak horsepower territory between 8K and 11K, so you'd probably want to shift before 11K if you want maximum performance.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Pulls hard for me as long as I dare hold the gear, which has accidentally put my needle in the red once or twice. Thankfully, I have not found this alleged limiter. Does it hold fast at the limited RPM, or cut spark?

husker525

at what rpm does the bike stop pulling....... im hoping it's hgher then 9000 rpm.
The bike makes max hp at about 9800 rpm, and gradually falls off from there. From 9800 to the rev limiter, you lose about 8-9 hp from your max output. This is per dyno runs on a stock FZ6R.

W

whatever

great news !!

tomorow i drop of the ninja and step on up to the fz6r 1100 am..... the ride home will be 65 miles all back roads.

should be awesome.... upstate new york some of the most senic roads in the country.

report some details tomorow

WANDERER

A different but related question here...What would the RPM be 70mph, 75mph & 80mph?

I'm still deciding if I should get this Bike (2009/2010FZ6R) or the Kawasaki 650R or just get the V-Strom DL 650. Mainly Touring and Cruising on long trips...Freeways, Highways and bi-ways, no more dirt or fire roads for me...just asphalt

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

scoobienorth

Right when the rev limiter kicks in... it will scare the crap out of you , thinking you broke your bike or something!
actually the rev limiter does not "cut in" as this bike is equipped with a "soft limiter" which is more of a suggestion to shift, I got into a spot and had to go but i was leaning hard with gusty cross winds and was scared to shift, i had mine to 12 700 rpm"ish" as i didnt have time to look but the needle was almost burried, and when i shifted it only dropped to the start of the redline and no i didnt hurt the bike any, well to my knowledge so far anyway.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Superzoom

great news !!

tomorow i drop of the ninja and step on up to the fz6r 1100 am..... the ride home will be 65 miles all back roads.

should be awesome.... upstate new york some of the most senic roads in the country.

report some details tomorow
Congrats, and enjoy the bike, Whatever. I assume you're coming from the 250 Ninja. Should be a nice upgrade.

Don't mean to be your mom, but please be careful until the tires are scrubbed in.

There have been some interesting discussions on how to break in the engine. Most people say do it as per the manual, which means staying below 60 mph I believe. Others say run it hard all the way to redline. I went with the manual guidelines. It was just incredible finally breaking in the bike and changing the oil. Now I regularly use all 66 hp of the bike.

CDN6R

A different but related question here...What would the RPM be 70mph, 75mph & 80mph?

I'm still deciding if I should get this Bike (2009/2010FZ6R) or the Kawasaki 650R or just get the V-Strom DL 650. Mainly Touring and Cruising on long trips...Freeways, Highways and bi-ways, no more dirt or fire roads for me...just asphalt
Honestly for me it was the fact that the FZ6R is a in-line 4 and therefore it will run smoother than a verticle twin(Ninja 650 R) or a V-Twin (V-strom 650).

porky45

We HAVE a rev-limiter. it will bounce back and forth once you hit it. I've hitit about a half a dozen times.

Rick2862

Gee, knock the R1 TBR exhaust vid.... and then post a 9 sec. vid of your tach?
Now that IS impressive. :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:
W

whatever

well the bike now has 900 and something miles, and i have tasted 8000/8500 and the bike is pretty fast. the vibes i don't noticed as much anymore.

tonight i will go over the 1000 mile mark.. so i will drop the oil again tomorow and see how the bike pulls at full speed .

i want to see at what rpm the bike cruises at 80 mph on the highway. if i am going 80 what speed is the bike really doing with the correction on the speedo.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member