Please Explain Baffles!

rjsantana20

OK, ladies and gents, come get me!

I did a R6 header mod with a GYTR exhaust but that damn thing is too loud. I think Jon Kerr did the same, How is it for you?

I love it but when I ride I have ringing in my ears and a headache.

so....

I have used the Search function (for those critics, you know who you are ;)) but the threads don't really state what they are for or how to install them. (Yes! I am still a noobie)

Please Help!

Thanks All

JonKerr

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

My design is great just right ! Baffling isn't it ? :D
Tube with holes in it inserted into the exhaust usually .
Reduce the size of the tip tube diameter and it will quieten it some , so I hear .

Last edited by a moderator:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

rjsantana20

Wow! What't that again? Go, Goo Google??? ;)

:shakehead:Ha, ha, very funny! I know that I could do that. I was hoping for the support of the forum. :shakehead:

Sorry for the delayed response but I haven't been able to get on the PC for a couple of days.

So I installed the baffle in the exhaust pipe? Is that the correct term, baffle?

Thanks,

joloy133

Wow! What't that again? Go, Goo Google??? ;)

:shakehead:Ha, ha, very funny! I know that I could do that. I was hoping for the support of the forum. :shakehead:

Sorry for the delayed response but I haven't been able to get on the PC for a couple of days.

So I installed the baffle in the exhaust pipe? Is that the correct term, baffle?

Thanks,
Hey RJ, the baffle you're looking for is to address volume and perhaps droning. The basic idea is to cause the right amount of turbulence or resistance to address the problem without adversely affecting performance. The easiest option is at the tailpipe. There are many options but I used the perforated pipe. The following site works for any bike but more noise and custom home tuning are done on twins. Hope this helps.Exhaust Systems

justgiver

What kind of baffle did you install I have the same set up but have not installed it yet and may want to quiet it down as well.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

rjsantana20

I havent bought anything yet. I was reaching out to the forum for guidance.

Thanks Marthy, I will check your thread out.

Stricken

You'll get used to it. It took me two weeks to get used to my loud exhaust.

JonKerr

Elite Member

rjsantana20

Thanks, I will look into it.