Periodic maintenance

dodges

Does anyone follow the PERIODIC MAINTENANCE in the owners book as I was looking at it and was shocked at these things to do REPLACE SPARK PLUGS EVERY 13000 KMS AND STEERING BEARINGS REPACK AT 19000 KMS AND COOLING SYSTEM REPLACE FLUID EVERY 24 MONTHS
If this is all true I'm a bad owner :zombie:

Superzoom

Does anyone follow the PERIODIC MAINTENANCE in the owners book as I was looking at it and was shocked at these things to do REPLACE SPARK PLUGS EVERY 13000 KMS AND STEERING BEARINGS REPACK AT 19000 KMS AND COOLING SYSTEM REPLACE FLUID EVERY 24 MONTHS
If this is all true I'm a bad owner :zombie:
There's a big difference between "check" and "replace". Maybe the manual suggests to only check?

Nmexico

I don't follow that very well, I change my oil every 5k with dino oil. I think the manual says every 3500 miles is needed for an oil change. But its a Japanese bike, it will last way longer my interest in the bike.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Superzoom

says to replace that's why I was asking ??
Sorry, I was just really surprised that the plugs were supposed to be replaced that early. I've already gone past the recommended distance by more than double, and will probably go a lot farther before I bother.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

SurfJunkie

This reminds me that i need to do the coolant, break pads + fresh fluid and an oil change.

Ohhhh the fun....
Wrenching on all the cars + bike has gotten a bit more tedious over the years....