PC V Maps Info

KADO

I recently emailed Power Commander to ask about the map situation with a straight exhaust using the r6 headers like many of us are doing. They responded that if any FZ6R rider is in the Vegas area that they will make a map for that type of setup. So anybody from the Vegas area?

cavcuz05

i wish i was so i could help everyone out...i took mine to a local Yamaha race bike dyno tuner

Craxican

but if anyone has had their bike tuned after the installations...you should be able to load a map onto your computer and share with everyone else, i would, but I have no desire to get a TB exhaust or go the r6 header route

sldwys87

I have already started working on my r6 header mod. My next goal is to figure out what tuning product i will use. After seeing this thread on the PCV, do we know if they now have maps for people using the r6 header setup and if not what are my options?

Craxican

They do not as of now...so you can go the juicebox route, or if you do go pcV route, you might want to invest in the AutoTune.

Craxican

ALSO...anyone who has had their bike dyno tuned with mods on...Hook your computer to the pcV via the USB Cable that came with it...it has USB2.0 on one side and a USB mini on the other. Load the pcV software that came with the device as well (you can also download this from Dynos website. Next click "Get Map," then "Save Map." Now you can load the file in emails and such....so thats how you do that...if anyone has a pcv that is not dyno tuned and has stock exhaust, i can give you mine. Any questions...shoot me pm or something

KADO

ALSO...anyone who has had their bike dyno tuned with mods on...Hook your computer to the pcV via the USB Cable that came with it...it has USB2.0 on one side and a USB mini on the other. Load the pcV software that came with the device as well (you can also download this from Dynos website. Next click "Get Map," then "Save Map." Now you can load the file in emails and such....so thats how you do that...if anyone has a pcv that is not dyno tuned and has stock exhaust, i can give you mine. Any questions...shoot me pm or something
Yea if we could start sharing maps on here then it would open things up to all kinds of possibilities.

sldwys87

So basically if I buy a powercommander and put it on my bike with the r6 header and slip on, take it to a dyno tune, i wont have to worry about an autotuner?? Because the dyno is making a custom setup right? I'm just alittle confused on the two different systems?:confused:

mfischler

Elite Member

Hellgate

So basically if I buy a powercommander and put it on my bike with the r6 header and slip on, take it to a dyno tune, i wont have to worry about an autotuner?? Because the dyno is making a custom setup right? I'm just alittle confused on the two different systems?:confused:
Correct, the DynoJet Autotune is completely different from a custom map. The Autotune uses a single wideband O2 sensor to adjust your bike's mapping on the fly. With a custom map your bike is strapped to a dyno and the tuner dude uses data from the dyno run to create a map that is uploaded into your PCV.

I heard very mixed reviews for the PCV Autotune. I've always had maps made and been very happy with the results. The key is finding a good tuner.

sldwys87

Thats what I thought, just wanted to be sure. I appreicate the help and hopefully once I get all my parts together and put on, I can take it to get tuned.

Hellgate

Try these guys. They're in Alabama. POWER-TRIPP Performance

They are a Factory Pro tuning center that uses a 4 Gas EGA, they can make you a very good map.

Last edited:

Craxican

Personally, I love the autotune, but that does not mean that I will never get a dyno tune. The autotune adjusts to YOUR riding style on the fly (like the juicebox) but lets say you want optimum speed or fuel efficiency, a dyno tune would probably be a better way to go...

Spunky99

I just popped for a PC V....and I'm going to install the R6 header to the Viper 20cm can.
The map sharing sounds like a great idea.

cavcuz05

i have the pcv map for the 2br now for when sell my r6 header set up...i will also post my r6 header map as well once my bike gets here

Spunky99

I installed the PC V yesterday on my bike. I have the hole in the muffler (free 5 minute muffler upgrade) and I put in the K&N air filter. I loaded the stock FZ6R map into the PC V (not the zero map) and fired her up. I got some sputtering when I revved it but after I synched the throttle it was better. I dropped the warm idle to 1075 RPM and it shifts into 1st without the loud bang now.

Impression is that she runs smoother throughout the powerband. On really hard accelleration, I can really hear the throttle bodies sucking air now. I don't know if that is a function of the K&N or the PC V. I don't really notice any more HP or speed out of the bike tho. Cornering is smoother because the throttle is more smooth which is good for confidence. Decelleration is better as is downshifting.

Once I get the exhaust installed, I'll know more.