Patch holders?

ARE YOU A PATCH HOLDER?

• Total voters
I think the yamaha symbol would suffice. I mean, I like my bike, but i don't think i am in like with it enough to stick a patch of it on my vest.

Superzoom

Nop! And absolutely careless about it. I'm in the Marthy riding just because club... I'm the only member.
Don't be so humble, Marthy. You have a hell of a lot of fans... Who else can slap a new set of cams on a bike like I put on a hat?

CLUB MARTHY!!!

acomeaux33cx

I ride with cajun xtreme bike crew. We do rides and events to help raise motorcycle awareness. Even some of the 1% clubs yall talk about arent bad like yall think. If yall get to know them they are some of the nicest people ud meet. They also do alot of events around here to raise money for st jude and other charitys.

JSP

Super Moderator

CrazyCawi

Sounds like way too much drama. I got a bike to get away from people, drama, stress, ect.
were just havin a good time, no dramaz here at zi fz6r foruming....no siree bobby!

Detrich

no offense, but personally i don't like motorcycle gangs, groups, posses etc and the negative stereotypes that they perpetuate- regardless of it being cruisers, sport bikes- whatever...

call me old-fashioned, but whenever i see a bunch of riders all wearing matching leathers with stitched patching and such, i just think to myself, "what a bunch of morons."

it's bad enough that they ride really loud and obnoxiously and wear no gear at all, but they always seem to have some attitude and make everyone else around them feel un-easy...

i guess this is the other ugly side of the coin for motorcycling.

there are those of us who love it as a healthy activity/ sport and use it for recreation and/ or transportation and a way to make new friends etc. but, then there are others who have to turn it into some type of a twisted mob mentality. it's like if they don't form a gang, then they somehow feel like don't feel like they belong...

it's called, "please - get a life," if u ask me. lol xP

CrazyCawi

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue that. I joined the group I was in because we were a group. A few months in when I got "promoted"....I was thrown into the pit of hell and had no idea the stuff was going on. I had no idea what we were a part of until that moment I was looking down a barrel of a gun and a bunch of guys screaming at us.

SurfJunkie

It is for that exact reason i consider clubs, crews, or whatever the flavor of the month moniker may be, to be a complete waste of time and nothing but a dong swinging contest.

I know who I am, I know who my friends and family are.

I just want to ride. Nothing more nothing less.

DakinechicK

CC, I had no idea that you were such a bad a$$.
Sounds super sketch the stuff you were involved in. Yikes!

I'm too girly for that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

CrazyCawi

CC, I had no idea that you were such a bad a$$.
Sounds super sketch the stuff you were involved in. Yikes!

I'm too girly for that sort of thing. :rolleyes:
I didnt know I was either....:cool::iconbeer:

acomeaux33cx

Not true dakinechick. Your not too girly. CAJUN XTREME is a family club. We dont discriminate against age race gender bike or anything to that fact. We support 1% clubs but we arent a 1% club. Were actually part of the 99% because we are part of AMA. We dont go out and pick fights or antaganize people/other riders. We dont think our shit dont stink just because we wear a patch. Its actually the opposite. Our shit stinks more than most. Lol. Because we are a motorcycle awareness group people watch what we do.

Brock Kickass

Whenever I see people wearing patches, etc... I always think of a customer of mine who has a bike. He has a sticker on his helmet that says "Biker, And Proud Of It!". This guy is not what I would consider a "Biker" to begin with (I don't consider myself a "Biker" either) but besides that, I always wonder what the thought process was in putting on that sticker. I can tell from the fact that you're on a bike that you have a bike. Even if I see you in the mall or somehting, the helmet and riding gear is a good tip. Do you really need a sticker on your helmet explaining to me that you do, in fact, enjoy owning a motorcycle? Stickers and patches seem like they just want attention.
Now, this is not a blanket statement. Some clubs do lots of good things in the community, and representing is cool. It's somehting to be proud of. Other patches serve as a good warning to guys like me that, just because we both have bikes, maybe it's better if I don't go for a ride with you or have a chat at the chip stand. I don't want any trouble. If you have a patch that says you do want trouble, I know better than to get involved. Last thing I want is to end up in a situation like CC.
For most of us who just ride, however, a patch just seems cheesy. It either tells me you want to look like a badass even though you would probably crap your pants if you knew what a bike gang was all about, or that you bought a bike so that you could look like someone who has a bike.
As cute as it sounds for us to all get together and have a sewing circle to put matching patches on our gear, couldn't we all just spend that time riding our motorcycles instead? I mean, I didn't get a bike as a way of joining a club or buying access to a new group of friends. I didn't buy a bike as a means to become involved in organized crime. I bought a bike to ride it. I have a hard time justifying time to mod my bike. I only do that when it's too crappy out to ride. If it's a nice day and I have nothing else to do, you sure won't see me sitting at a sewing machine.

acomeaux33cx

One of the groups we associate with is called Strange Breed. A christan bike group. Anothe is Freedom Biker Church. A church for bikers. Patch holders or not. So do u think they started these groups to be bad asses?

And about crapping my pants if i knew what i bike group was about. I know. I work very closely with some bike clubs.

Brock Kickass

Not picking on you. The dude I know with the "Biker" sticker would crap his pants for sure. Probably lots of others. As I pointed out in my last post,

"Now, this is not a blanket statement. Some clubs do lots of good things in the community, and representing is cool. It's something to be proud of."

I do some good in the community, but not with my bike. I just ride my bike when I'm not busy working or volunteering. My post was just a wordy way to say "I like to ride". If I said it in that many words I wouldn't feel so smart. Like I said, I don't want any trouble. I just want to ride.

acomeaux33cx

My post wasnt pointed directly to u. I just dont like the fact that most people look at all patch holders a see either oh hes trouble or hes a wanna be bad ass. Yes there are some out there but alot are not. If people would take the time out to see that not all patch holders be it 1%ers or 99%ers are bad news or wanna be bad asses.

Brock Kickass

Yeah, lots of cats do good stuff with their bikes, and should be proud. If they had a patch for riding a tank of fuel post to post without putting a foot down, I'd be in to that.

0150r

Here's my "cut":

I understand that certain people are drawn to motorcycle clubs for many reasons, but it's just not for me.

Last edited:

Chevyfazer

I think it would be fair to say the 99% of the population who doesn't own a bike thinks all clubs are involved in some sort of crime, and probably about 60/70% who owns a bike thinks the same. But in reality they are called 1%ers for a reason, most clubs are out there for the same reason this forum is, to bring like minded individuals together.

blkbrd

Elite Member