leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

flashbacks of the MSF course

i recall another fun drill was an instructor standing about 50 feet or so away, you head towards them about 15mph and keep straight until they moved their hand either left or right and then you had to swerve that way to avoid hitting em

S

Schybrid

is the busa heavy for turns etc ?

and is the turning raduis different on diff bikes ? dramatically or similar.?

JSP

Super Moderator
is the busa heavy for turns etc ?

and is the turning raduis different on diff bikes ? dramatically or similar.?
Turning radius vary pretty good between bikes. Rake, length of bike, how far you can turn the bars, etc.

Fizzer6R

the figure 8 was the hardest for me I need to try that again now that ive had my bike for a while
if you haven't, try using the rear brake while doing...

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

EsrTek

My drive way leads to 2 30' wide x 50' long parking lots connected by a 10' wide sidewalk.
I have and do setup my own mini Total control practice area's and practice the books exercises :)

Albeit not the best spot for braking practice.
Your all welcome to come on by ;)

Parking lot practice is very good thing to do :)

Last edited:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

redwing-2001

ok, the box used in the MSF Basic RiderCourse is 20x60, a little longer than 2 spaces.
Also, it really is not a figure 8, it is two u-turns, one in each direction than out.
Most people talk a lot and practice the u-turns a lot - probably the least important skill in the course. Practice stopping quickly, swerving and proper cornering - those skills will save your life some day.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

BoneJj

ok, the box used in the MSF Basic RiderCourse is 20x60, a little longer than 2 spaces.
Also, it really is not a figure 8, it is two u-turns, one in each direction than out.
Most people talk a lot and practice the u-turns a lot - probably the least important skill in the course. Practice stopping quickly, swerving and proper cornering - those skills will save your life some day.
very good points here though people should practice all skill areas as for me personally I know I constantly have to do U-turns around here so I have that one down pretty damn well. I would love to get some track time the requires quick changes in seat position so that I can get the "swerving" down better but not many tracks down here have setups for such things and the roads down here don't have much in the way of turns.... at all.... I'd happily be on any road that allowed me to work on that stuff for an entire day if I could.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member