Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

Roaddawg

I have ordered my RP max Cycle, 3 quarts. I got 10w40 and choices were 10w-30 and 20w50. I should get them in by Saturday or Monday. Once they come in I'll see if Robert will let me come by and change the oil. I did not get a filter as I'm following the manual. The filter was replaced 200 miles ago anyhow.

Results to come by end of next week!!!

P.S. This stuff was expensive! I should be taking donations for my test results ha ha
Shipped $50 for 3 quarts. Or you can get a case $125 not shipped. It's a bit more exp than the AMSOIL I used to use back in the day.
WOW $50!! That's three oil changes using the Rotella T6 fully synthetic!! I imagine it's like the "gas" topic...buy what you like. Thanks for testing/reviewing it though....checks in the mail. :p

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just let me know when you might want to change it, and I'll see if I'm available.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

Roaddawg

Annnnd there they are! I will hopefully be changing the oil by Wednesday afternoon. Robert I'll be texting or calling you soon.

Oh and I just found out that a friend who runs a 10-minute oil change place will "see what he can do about getting me a better price on Rotella T6 Synthetic after this oil change" as he now carries it in stock. I may go ahead and get a case from him first of next month so I'll have it when needed.
Speaking of 10-minute oil changes...I changed my oil (20K miles) on Friday and timed myself. It took me just over 8 minutes from cracking the drain plug to screwing on the oil fill cap! And most of that time was waiting for all the oil to drain out. :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Annnnd there they are! I will hopefully be changing the oil by Wednesday afternoon. Robert I'll be texting or calling you soon.

Oh and I just found out that a friend who runs a 10-minute oil change place will "see what he can do about getting me a better price on Rotella T6 Synthetic after this oil change" as he now carries it in stock. I may go ahead and get a case from him first of next month so I'll have it when needed.
Glad you got everything in. This has/is going to be a tight week for me. I should be free on Wednesday and Friday night. If I can't be available, you are welcome to swing by the house and borrow my stands.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
F

FZ6Rgurl

I have actually ran the Royal Purple full synthetic in my bike for 3 oil changes now. I have noticed that the clutch doesn't "stick" as much. It's easier to shift and of course a new oil change it always runs that much better.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Roaddawg

I have put around 200 miles with the Royal Purple and here is my take.

The running Temp is down 3*F at 85*F weather. It was running 211* at a stop light and now it's at 208*.
Shifting is much smoother and with out as much "clunk" changing gear. It is still there but not as loud, feels a little smoother.

Now my opinion: Save your money lmao.. This oil was too expensive. I'd go with Amsoil or Rotella T6 both synthetics. As a Matter of fact I think I'm going to get my license back with Amsoil and get my factory rate back as well.

TBH the R.P. made a nice difference all around with just an oil change. I even feel a difference on how the bike runs. If you can get MAX Cycle cheaper than $10 a quart and $30 wont hurt your wallet then I say run it. If your like me and would rather spend $18 then go with the next best options.

Any questions?
Uno, what oil were you running before? I don't remember. I think as miles log on that oil, it won't be as smooth either. At least that's what I've noticed with all my oil changes so far. It feels great new, but as time goes on, it loses it smoothness....not a lot, but kinda noticeable.

Spunky99

Uno, what oil were you running before? I don't remember. I think as miles log on that oil, it won't be as smooth either. At least that's what I've noticed with all my oil changes so far. It feels great new, but as time goes on, it loses it smoothness....not a lot, but kinda noticeable.
So far the Amsoil has stayed smooth in shifting from when I first put it in, in fact it keeps getting smoother as I get more miles on it. Just the opposite of what you have experienced.
Also I was getting close to a 10F reduction in temp but with the new exhaust and PC V I am about 6F lower than with Motul.
I decided to toss some Ansoil into my YSR50 gearbox and wowzer......big difference.
I am glad I bought a case of the stuff now.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member