Oberon Foot Pegs

Wooster

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on these foot pegs. They say they will fit the XJ6 so I'm assuming it will work with our FZ6R. Has anybody tried these yet? I'm thinking of getting the front and rear ones.

Oberon Foot Pegs - front, Yamaha

Attachments

Wooster

Let us know how they work out.
Yeah i called and talked to one of their customer service reps and he was very helpful in answering my questions so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. I should get them next week and as always I'll throw up some pics once installed.

BKP

I've been looking for a good set of peg replacements... The soft rubber on the stock pegs catches, and is a general PITA.

However, my only concern with solid metal pegs is wouldn't they tend to transmit every little vibration without any of the dampening effect of rubber?

I'll be interested in your feedback once you get them installed...

Wooster

For those who asked, here are the pics. Putting them on was simple. The rear ones took a minute to figure out how the locking mechanism works that keeps them upright, but as long as you look at how the harware was on the originals when you took them off you'll be fine. These are much much lighter than the stock ones. I didn't realize how heavy the stock pegs are until you get them off. Overall very pleased

Attachments

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Wooster

Looking forward to the ride test, vibration-wise. I seriously like the way they look. :thumbup:
Obviously they feel a little different being that you don't have that rubber piece on there and they are much smaller, but overall they felt fine. I didn't notice any more or less vibration.

Last edited:

Wooster

i wish you had weighed them with a fish scale and posted stock/aftermarket weights in
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/fz6r-weight-reduction-list-25715/
If you could still do this for one pet that would be awesome!!!
Sorry brother I don't have a scale nor do I feel like taking them off again. I wouldn't even know where to begin in guessing at what the difference in weight is, but without question these are much lighter. In fact the first thing I thought of when I got one of the stock pegs off was how heavy it was. But like I said these things are thinner and shorter then the stock ones and all the parts are aluminum. Hope this helps

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JoJoJodyJo

I put aluminum R6 pegs on my 6R, and there were no vibration issues even with my Sidi riding boots (pretty thin, hard sole) over several hours and several hundred miles.
What year is your bike and what year R6 pegs did you use?

I got the 31$ eBay metal aluminum pegs and I haven't noticed any additional vibrations. Maybe the rubber in my shoe takes it away.

bender

Hey just wondering how the rear set went on, because the stock ones have that little steel push button that locks it in the upright and the down position, does the new set have that?

Juntas

I just got mine in, front and rear. They are considerably lighter, about a 4th of the weight. I got the back pegs on without any real hassle, I used the stock plate and spring from the stock pegs and it slipped right together.

Lilday

Hey just wondering how the rear set went on, because the stock ones have that little steel push button that locks it in the upright and the down position, does the new set have that?
The little spring, ball and plate all go back in the same way they come out :) You just take the spring and ball out of the old pegs and put in the new.

Kevigou

So these are a direct bolt on right out of the box? Thanks for any help, they look great and I want to pick them up, just want to know what I'm faced with for install...
I have a long list of things to finish up on the project...
Thanks

bleedinblue

Elite Member