Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Superzoom

Leem, everything is a compromise.

A cruiser can indeed be comfortable, but with the bolt upright position, you will need a tall windshield, and the majority of windshields will cause buffeting.

Best of luck in your search for a comfortable bike. It's fun shopping for a new ride. Hopefully there will be a bike that suits your style. The Bolt seems like a cool bike. The Sportster might be a nice platform to begin customizing to your tastes. And Mustang makes some pretty comfortable saddles for most cruisers.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

xorbe

I am having trouble transitioning from my old slow but squishy soft Ninja 250. I have a Corbin on order. The fz6r is downright painful, and I still hurt the day after riding any more than 90 minutes or so. The comfort gel seat is only different, not better imo. The stiffer suspension also relays every road imperfect up to my seat. I may yank the Ninja listing, and sell the fz6r next Spring instead if the Corbin doesn't help. I don't need to ride 16 hours, but getting in 3 to 4 hours would be nice, without suffering the day after.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

brownwa

If you're looking for more power at the same time, Ninja 1000 with its adjustable windscreen?

If not looking for a power upgrade, dare I say...Ninja 650? My GF has one and it seems more comfy than my 6R was. I find the pegs high though. Also has adjustable windshield and ABS brakes.
I love how a Ninja 1000 is a "solution" to rider discomfort :)

lark

has anyone tried wearing the padded shorts that bicyclists wear? I mean, I'm a lady so I have a more cushy butt than y'all but I certainly start feeling it in rush hour traffic when I'm sitting still and not moving. I tend to just lay on the tank at that point. I'm also suffering the short leg syndrome. I can only flat foot one side at a time and tip toe both to be upright. I also stand up a bit and readjust my sitting position pretty often when I'm out to keep my muscles from tightening up.

I had no idea a camel back could leak due to wind pressure! That's funny to visualize but not cool for hydration purposes. maybe if you moved the hose from going over the shoulder to under and pinning it a bit lower on the strap?

cheers guys

JulianK

I did 14hrs saddle time in 2 days and other than a little shoulder pain from hunching over, I didn't have a problem. I even removed the crampbuster. I'm planning on going cross country next summer from Ottawa to Cali and back.

Do me a favor? If you're selling your bike and parting with your windscreen, bags and risers, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Cheers.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

vmabull

comfort

I'm a 50 yr daily driver and have taken many road trips over an hour in my time , no long distance . But I have no comfort issues on mine. I'm 5'7 and 30 inch inseam. My bike is all stock 2012 fz6r and I love the ride.