Northern VA

JSP

Super Moderator
I've got a whopping 70 miles on my bike now after going out last night for a ride. It was my first time riding at a maintained speed about 55-65mph. I also learned that it's really boring to ride on a straight road and you have to force yourself more to keep doing SEE drills while riding.

I think I'm going to head out Rt.9 to the Charlestown area this weekend for some practice on curvy, less populated roads.

Finally got a tire gauge to check my pressures and seems like I'm at about 25/34. From what I've seen on here, I need to be at about 32/36 lbs. I'm going to have to spring for an air compressor now so that I can adjust before I go out.
A simple bike pump works great for the tire air :thumbup:

Verranth

Yes, but the air compressor is cooler! :thumbup:

:rof:

My compressor is bigger than your compressor :p

zig308

This may sound silly... but do I need to get a town decal for my bike? I assume the answer is yes, but I'm hoping to put it off till November when the new ones come out so that I don't have to pay for such a short amount of time.

JSP

Super Moderator
This may sound silly... but do I need to get a town decal for my bike? I assume the answer is yes, but I'm hoping to put it off till November when the new ones come out so that I don't have to pay for such a short amount of time.
Yes.... you do.

Verranth

JSP

Super Moderator
Huh?!!!!

Town decal?...

Fairfax county had us get a county sticker besides the DMV registration...
County or town, I assume he was talking about either. Im pretty sure you have to have one or the other depending on what they require. We have town stickers here in Stephens City.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

zig308

Just got my registration and permanent plate last week. Oh... and the dreaded property tax letter asking me how many miles are on it, selling price, etc..

New town decals come out Nov 15th, so I guess I'm going to have to get one before then. I like VA much better than when I lived in MD, but the personal property tax and town decals are a bit ridiculous.