Northern VA

area

After much riding this weekend on the bike...I realized I would really like some riding buddies for the weekend....so lets get a count.

Who's in the northern va area?

I'm in Dumfries and might bring my bike up from Florida in a month.

area

saw a blue yamaha fz6r yesterday on route 28 heading towards 50...I need to find out who this was!

O-turn

Partier
I'd meet ya halfway for some riding around potomac or so if you want. I can bring a few buddies...

Comiha22

Vienna/Falls Church area here. Right around the 50/66/495 octopi.

O-turn

Partier
Nice, I have a buddy who is at college park...are you close to there?
Im about 45 mins form there. On the bike I ride anywhere really. We will be in the columbia area this saturday if your interested....

area

Don't think I'll be able to make it out to columbia this weekend, got some family coming up on Saturday from Richmond...I'll probably try looking around Leesburg for some back roads this weekend.

Verranth

LoL. The blue FZ6r on 28 to 50 was probably me =). I live in 28, 50, 66 triangle.

I saw your other thread about riding this month. You can check out my post there. See you guys soon! (I hope :))

zig308

NOVA here out near Leesburg. Would love to go out for a ride at some point with everyone, but probably won't get my bike delivered till Fri/Sat this week and will need to get some practice in for a couple weeks before I meet up anywhere distant.

Verranth

NOVA here out near Leesburg. Would love to go out for a ride at some point with everyone, but probably won't get my bike delivered till Fri/Sat this week and will need to get some practice in for a couple weeks before I meet up anywhere distant.
I've been meaning to ride out by Leesburbg. Yesterday I took 50 West and turned around 10 miles past middleburg. There was a sign that said leaving some county and entering Fauquier.

When you are ready, we should go out to 15. I need to look up some good roads with lots of turns. I know of a good one by Charlottesville, but thats already 96 miles away from here :p

zig308

Getting it delivered today after work. I'm hoping to have a bit of time to ride it around the neighborhood for a bit after dinner. It's bath night for the lil' one, so I won't have too much time.

I might take it down to Leesburg and back Sunday morning or something depending on how I am feeling. Go to the outlets... get some Panera's and head back or something.

Verranth

Getting it delivered today after work. I'm hoping to have a bit of time to ride it around the neighborhood for a bit after dinner. It's bath night for the lil' one, so I won't have too much time.

I might take it down to Leesburg and back Sunday morning or something depending on how I am feeling. Go to the outlets... get some Panera's and head back or something.
Grats again on the bike. I'm sure you'll love it. I wish you could come up with me on Sunday. Maybe next time. =)

How are you going to break it in? Smooth, easy, and by the book? OR... Let 'er rip! ?

zig308

Grats again on the bike. I'm sure you'll love it. I wish you could come up with me on Sunday. Maybe next time. =)

How are you going to break it in? Smooth, easy, and by the book? OR... Let 'er rip! ?
LOL...won't be ripping anything I hope. First 5 miles or so will be around the hood. The other 595 miles will probably be </= 50mph at low/medium rpm's around Western Loudoun country roads.

I'll build up my skills before I do 100mph down the Greenway. ;)

area

LOL...won't be ripping anything I hope. First 5 miles or so will be around the hood. The other 595 miles will probably be </= 50mph at low/medium rpm's around Western Loudoun country roads.

I'll build up my skills before I do 100mph down the Greenway. ;)
You can get up to 60 easily and should be fine for the break in period.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Bluemont here, work in Sterling. Picking up my raven tomorrow morning from Champion Motorsports...

:thumbup:

:Sport:

You better park that shit next to mine tomorrow! You going to keep parking in the spot you normally do, or you gonna make me move my bike??? They absolutely must be parked side by side... just makes it that much better! :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

zig308

I've got a whopping 70 miles on my bike now after going out last night for a ride. It was my first time riding at a maintained speed about 55-65mph. I also learned that it's really boring to ride on a straight road and you have to force yourself more to keep doing SEE drills while riding.

I think I'm going to head out Rt.9 to the Charlestown area this weekend for some practice on curvy, less populated roads.

Finally got a tire gauge to check my pressures and seems like I'm at about 25/34. From what I've seen on here, I need to be at about 32/36 lbs. I'm going to have to spring for an air compressor now so that I can adjust before I go out.