Attachments

arcflash316

more pics now they are done, just need to pull them off and powdercoat:D

arcflash316

some more pics from different angles

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Looking really good!

Any concerns with it rotating on the frame?

arcflash316

there were some concerns about that issue but with them bolts tight its seems to be ok, but have considered tack welding the rear clamp to the chassi in 1 or 2 small places

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
How much of a height difference is there between the old and new location?

cbzdel

so are you selling these?

arcflash316

If people want them I will build them...Heighth diff is only about 1 1/4 higher and forward since my wifes only 5 feet nothing I decided to move them up and forward a little and now she can grab my hips with her knees and hold on tighter than before

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
As I was looking at the pics, it might be possible to brace each side with a cross-member that runs right under the tail section. This would strengthen the foot peg brackets as well as keep them from rotating when pressure is applied to them.

arcflash316

true I may be able to connect the 2 sides with a crossmember, I will contemplate it and let you know what I decide to do

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
true I may be able to connect the 2 sides with a crossmember, I will contemplate it and let you know what I decide to do
You'd have to be wary of tire/swing arm movement and clearance.

How about some type of pin in the brackets that you could drill a hole into the sub-frame and have the pin inserted to prevent rotation, much like the handlebar controls have?

Another thought, a thin rubber film/gasket inside of the clamping assembly that will certainly bind it and prevent rotation?

Food for thought.... :D

arcflash316

I am gonna weld a pin into the inside of the clamp and drill a hole like you said to keep it all removable and not have to weld to the frame

arcflash316

Anyone interested in buying these let me know and I can start building a jig for them and get you your own set... my wife loved them, went on a 150 mile ride yesterday and she said she felt like she was more a part of the bike being able to hold on better with her knees... food for thought, I can make them in stock position as well if needed

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So you are making these as a replacement for the stock peg location. Do you plan to provide info for people to remove the excess metal like you did? Just more food for thought. I mean, it would kinda defeat the purpose to leave the stock mounting material in place and just add more to the bike. :don'tknow:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
So you are making these as a replacement for the stock peg location. Do you plan to provide info for people to remove the excess metal like you did? Just more food for thought. I mean, it would kinda defeat the purpose to leave the stock mounting material in place and just add more to the bike. :don'tknow:
:D

Step one: Mark excess material.
Step two: Hacksaw at mark

Done! :thumbup:

arcflash316

ya I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder and a cut off wheel.... its soft aluminum so it wouldn't be too hard to use a hacksaw

KADO

How much u thinkin about selling them for?

JonKerr

Elite Member