New Member!

redprodigy35

Hey all, been reading the forum for a while but just decided to join. Got myself a '09 Blue Fz6R about a month ago!

It's been doing alot of sitting as I decided to do an MSF course before I really rode it at all. However I already had my license!:eek: Thing is I got the license by renting a scooter for the road test at my DMV. 50cc, auto, so needless to say it was easy as pie. I took the classes just to get some practice and knowledge in. Probably the best money I ever spent.

So I took the bike out for real this Sunday, in traffic... For about 45 min. Needless to say I had a blast:thumbup:, while being extra cautious and what not because I didnt install some stock Yamaha sliders I got yet. I know its ridiculous having them sit in the garage, but the time was right and I just needed to ride as soon as I got home from the MSF.

Glad to be a part of the forum, you guys seem real chill compared to some other forums I've been browsing.

Hailing from North NJ here.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

bigpish13

Congratulations and Welcome fellow Jerseyan! well, I used to be anyhow. Moved here to SoCal a year ago!
Lot's of good information and very nice folks on this site! Enjoy your new found freedom! Ride safe and enjoy!

Sparkxx1

Greetings from NYC! If you're interested in some group rides hop over to the r6 forums and register. We have a NY/NJ thing going on :D and since there really are not many fz6r owners in the tri-state area might as well :rolleyes: :welcome:

Oh and we're having a BBQ in NJ somewhere around June!

We did a ride last weekend and it was VERY diverse( 3 r6, 1 fz6r, 1 ninja 250, 1 fz6, 1 ducati, 1 gixxer, 1 zx6r :D)

Last edited:

Hoops 09Raven

Congratz!!! and welcome from California!!!
You were one step ahead of me, i bought my bike and didnt have a license. :D

I do now after completing the MSF course and yes its money well spent.

redprodigy35

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Sparkxx1, those group rides sound very promising! I will be joining up to the R6 forum tonight! BBQ, bikes, and fellow 2 wheelers-- what else you could you ask for besides a nice :iconbeer: after the ride!?

Got some upgrades planned, but I'm taking it slow as this stuff adds up rather quickly!

1.) Stock Yama Frame Sliders (got'em already just need to install, that guide I saw somewhere round here looks great.)
2.) Proton Flushmounts
3.) Fender Eliminator Kit (Still looking for a reasonably priced option? I know there are many posts to search up on this, but if anyone can tell me their personal opinion on the least expensive, non shoddy looking, kit-- I'd greatly appreciate it. Trying to get the best bang for buck on this one.)
4.) Yellow Tire Marker - To make the Dunlops look purrdy.
5.) Blue Grips (still deciding between ProGrips or the official Yama FZ6R upgraded ones).

And I'm not gonna make it #6 because I'm so far away from being able to afford them-- but I'm drooling over some Rizoma levers.

Def. will post some pics up within the next 1-1.5 weeks on my progress.

DragonBlu

Still another member of the Blue Team! Welcome and ride safe. Lots of good people here to help out new riders. Tons of good info using the search function:).

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :wav:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member