New member welcome thread

roadrat

Welcome aboard all! Saturday morn let's get off these computers and get out there and ride! :steve: :steve: :steve: :steve: :steve:

tnbouces

hello

hey guys, my name is tian from vancouver bc. i got a blue fz6r as my first bike and have been riding for 2 years. im currently working through engineering school and love riding through the north shore mountains whenever i get a break from school work. i just got some bar end mirror. i'll post up pix when they are installed =]

z-rex

newbie from SK

hey everyone just got the Yamaha FZ6R(cadmium yellow) last week. I'm located in Saskatoon and I've been riding since i was 18. This is my first Sport tourer bike and Im loving its versatility. i work for fed coop and i use the bike for my everyday commute to work. I already bought some stuff on my bike, I'll just the post the pics soon when i got time to do so or so when its complete.

safe ride guys :) vroom vroom!

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

nobie318

My names Quincy. Got a 2011 fz6r raven and have had it for 2 weeks! first street bike ive had and am loving it. I have a 69 mach 1 and a 90 gt 5.0 conv and neither are running at the moment so my bike is it for transportation. Lubbock Tx is where i call home for now (Texas Tech) and glad to be a part of this forum!

24KMACH

My names Quincy. Got a 2011 fz6r raven and have had it for 2 weeks! first street bike ive had and am loving it. I have a 69 mach 1 and a 90 gt 5.0 conv and neither are running at the moment so my bike is it for transportation. Lubbock Tx is where i call home for now (Texas Tech) and glad to be a part of this forum!
Welcome from Tacoma, Washington. :) Tell me more about your 69 Mach please. :D

rc_cola

Hey Guys & Gals...

I'm from Calgary, Alberta. Currently I'm riding a '09 Ninja 250 as I'm getting back into riding after a 12 year absence. I've had my Ninja for almost a year and I'm getting the upgrade itch!

I'm very interested in the FZ6R as a good move up bike. I'm taking a demo ride on this bike and a Ninja 650r next week which should cement my decision.

Burkeyro

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I bought my first Street Bike over the Memorial Day Weekend. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and ended up getting a 2009 Black FZ6R. I used to dirt bike a bit when I was younger and with gas prices the way they are, I figured it was time. I've been mainly into import cars for the past few years and have a 2009 Lancer Ralliart, 2009 Lancer GTS, and an '82 Toyota Supra.

FZ6R

RalliArt

GTS

Supra

Anyway, just wanted to say HI.

Piercebelton

Hi. My name is Pierce and I'm from San Diego. In December I bought a little 2001 Suzuki DR200 for a starter bike. It was a fantastic little put put and I'm glad I didn't start on anything faster. Last Wednesday I upgraded to a 2009 blue FZ6r, and in a week i put over 1200 miles on it =) needless to say I love the thing, but then I let my friend ride it and he immediately dropped it in the parking lot. Now my handlebars are bent and it kills me not to be able to ride it anymore. Hopefully I will get some new bars and a turn signal this weekend.Anyway, sorry for the book! (if anyone near San Diego has their 6r stock bars I'd love to come pick them up at a reasonable price)

SLeeVe

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I bought my first Street Bike over the Memorial Day Weekend. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and ended up getting a 2009 Black FZ6R. I used to dirt bike a bit when I was younger and with gas prices the way they are, I figured it was time.
I'm in cincinnati and bought a fz6r (yellow) over the memorial day weekend as well haha.

Intro:

Hey, my name is Steve and I recently purchased my first bike, a new 2009 FZ6R. No issues at all with it and am loving every minute. I can't wait til I have the engine broken in so I don't feel bad commuting to work via highway on it. My normal ride is a 350Z but I'm starting to think this bike will be replacing it as my daily :)

nathanking

Hey, Name's Nathan, I have wanted a bike for forever and finally got one in May this year. A week after I took the MSF Class. I live in Seattle so the weather is on and off but if its dry, Im riding :) Just broke my 6r in 1k miles!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

YRideWyoming

Hey everyone, I have been a member here for a little while but have never posted. I bought my (Blue) 2009 FZ6R from a buddy back in Febuary, it has 1100 miles on it and I got it for $4500. I bought it mainly because of price but also after some internet searching on good starter bikes.
My riding experience is pretty much none...I am actually waiting for my home state to mail me a new license with my endorsement; so my beautiful bike has been staring at me like "when the heck are we getting out of this garage?" since Feb.
I am active duty military and live in Cheyenne, Wy...for now. Hit me up if you are around the area and don't mind a slow-poke riding next to ya.

xezty

I'm new to the site as a member...been visiting every so often....been riding my 09 blue FZ6R since they first rolled out. It was the last 09 model on the floor and she was just waiting for me to take her home.

roadrat

Welcome Sleeve, nathanking, bruethru, yridewyoming and of course xezty. Looking forward to your posts...

breakindn248

My name is Brannon, live in Pensacola, FL. Just bought my first bike (yellow fz6r) back in April, been riding everyday since, lookin to mod the bike now, already added r6 flushmounts cant wait to do more

Xfactor evo

New member. Yesterday I bought a yellow 2009 FZ6r with 0 on the odo. It came with a tinted puig windshield, flush mount front turn signals, fender eliminator with led tail light and integrated turn signals. I am new to street bikes and after looking around I thought this was the "starter bike" for me. I orihinallu bought it so I could retire my DD which is an 03 mitsubishi lancer evolution 8 gsr which I bought right when they hit the states. It is modified to the point that it is sometimes a pia to drive in traffice and definately sucks up the gas. This bike was intended to save on gas as I do alot of driving to the dallas VA which is 50 miles away and to school in Fort Worth which is almostthe same distance away. I am in Cleburne Texas if anyone knows where that is. I dont have a camera anymore so no pics right now... I have alot of cool pics of my car and about 5 or so of the bike now. I don't really plan on modifying the engine on this anytime soon, maybe just some cosmetic pieces that aren't tacky like some bikes I have seen. I did just order some frame sliders just in case. I am not all that familiar with all the bike lingo so I may ask some questions here and there, but I do know how to use a search bar as I have a few other forums I frequent... Thats about it for now, looking forward to meeting all the gurus on here.

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome: .