New Member from Arizona

Faddy

Hey guys,
My name is Fadean or Faddy (nickname from my buddies) and I am from the Phoenix, AZ area. I just picked up a new white 2012 FZ6R. I don't have much experience as a rider and just finished my MSF course 05/2012. I decided to learn the basics and picked up a 2012 Ninja 250. 1 month later, after getting comfortable with the leaning, countersteering, and freeway riding, I wasn't feeling the love with the power anymore. Considering both of my buddies own R6's and keeping up with them can be frustrating. lol Not to mention that the 250 is at 11k at 75mph and it redlines at 12k!:wtfgun: I got used of the 250 relatively quick and needed to go bigger but is still comfortable. I saw this beauty for sale and the moment I sat on it; I fell in love. I am only 5'9" and the riding position feels great!

I am planning on doing a fender eliminator kit and flush turn signals. Eventually I'll look into an exhaust system, but for now I just want to enjoy it and learn as much as possible. I should have went with this bike inititally instead of getting a 250...oh well. :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to learn a lot!

Attachments

Last edited:

richierich781

welcome to the forum!

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Welcome to the forum! Be safe out there and enjoy!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Faddy

Thanks for the welcome!
I heard you're not supposed to keep your RPM constant during the break-in period. How do you avoid that on the freeway?

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Faddy

How to manage the break-in is a very large can of worms you're opening. Some will say rage on it, some will say follow the manual. Both arguments have merit. I suggest googling it and making your own decision based upon the information you find on this forum. (Google anything, and add FZ6R, and it will lead you back here, but it works way better than the forum search.)

In direct answer to your question, if you're running highway, at a constant speed, then you simply can't avoid a constant rpm, LOL.

Oh, and welcome and congrats on purchasing the very same motorcycle that we so love. You've made a wise choice. :thumbup:
I will keep that mind. Right now, I am keeping my shifting point under 6k and cruise around the city. On the highways, it goes roughly around 6-7k depending on my speed. What I do is roll the throttle off and on, but it gets annoying. lol

FazerWest

Welcome!!!!!! I feel for you thought about the 250, thats why i didnt get one, i heard so many people say they grow out of them so fast, and i didnt wanna have to register it, and have to resell it, and go to the dmv and do it ALL over again, I am sooo happy with the fz6r as my first bike, I hope you love it and dont grow out of it as fast as the 250!! hah

Apbowler

Welcome! Keep up the riding, and with the help from the people here, you'll be a FZ6R pro in no time! :D

RooKie

Welcome to the forum! Really digging the color scheme. :thumbup:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum! I am also currently living in phoenix :) be carefull man the drivers here are nuts! maybe some time we can get a ride going? Also if you need a cheap mechanic let me know!

Faddy

Welcome to the forum! I am also currently living in phoenix :) be carefull man the drivers here are nuts! maybe some time we can get a ride going? Also if you need a cheap mechanic let me know!
Nice man! My buddies (2 R6s and 1 650r) and I are planning on doing a cruise around the Phoenix area next week Saturday and gonna hit up some eatery. Probably hit up Scottsdale Pavilion...let me know if you're interested.

Car or Bike mechanic?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Faddy

Thanks for the advice! I will keep that in mind...it's hard to avoid the freeways since it cut my travel time by half....I guess I have to alternate speeds and such maybe womp on it through some gears...;)

arse

man do i have a soft spot for white sport bikes....