New FZ6R owner......

fstrthan_uthink

Another FZ6R Owner

Just got one in all black, actually got a really good deal. I understand where you guys are coming when you say it shouldn't be called an FZ6R, but I have to say I really love my new bike. It's what I need for commuting to school/work, I've owned bikes with more power (CBR600rr at one point), but it's just a nice smooth bike with enough power to be fun and actually practical. It's still being broke in (112 miles on it ATM), but it can definitely move if you tell it to. The clutch feel is awesome. Handles great from low speed figure 8s and circles to pushing it a little in the corners. Turns in quickly, you only need to think about changing lanes and you're there. The bike is kinda heavy on paper but it feels light and very well balanced (and planted to the road) in real life. The styling looks a lot better in person than online, I think the tubular frame actually looks cool. I'd still caution against something like this for a completely new rider, as a fuel-injected liquid-cooled inline 4 just doesn't sound like a good idea even if it's not at r6 hp status. It gets up there when the FI really kicks in :rockon: All in all, solid bike, definitely worth a look as a commuter bike or sport-tourer even (thinking of putting some sport bags on mine after the 600 mile break-in and logging some highway miles).

That's a losi micro-dt track in the garage lol.

C

champion221elite

Re: Another FZ6R Owner

FZ6 or FZ6R... it really does not matter. Welcome to the club:welcome:

S

steveindenmark

Hi and welcome to the site.

I like the look of FZ6R can we call them the FIXER or something...FX6 was bad enough.

Get rid of those stickers on the swing arm and you have a nice looking bike.

Steve

B

bullofspadez

hair dryer, hard piece of plastic to scrape with and WD40 will get them of...don't use a razor blade like i did...even on the silver swing arm scratches show up good.

F

FZ1inNH

:welcome: and congrats! R or not, you're bleeding Blue! :D

G

Gilo-FZ6

well that makes two..welcome buddy..and you have also bought the fastest colour (an inspired choice) :thumbup:

fstrthan_uthink

Thanks guys. The stickers weren't too hard to get off, definitely worth the 10 minutes of work (wound up taking all the stickers off). Looks real clean, I'll post some more pics later.

J

jsw4178

:welcome: to the forum. Nice Bike:thumbup:.

V

vdbergj1

Welcome. Nice bike. Congratz! There were allot of discussions going on about the FZ6R and now at last you can give us (me) hands on feedback. More photo's will be appreciated, I'm so tired of the launch photo's that is everywhere but nothing else. I think we'll start getting them soon...
I'm green, can't wait for mine - will be 2-quick-2-c-black as well.

L

LERecords

:welcome::welcome: welcome to the forum.. :thumbup:

S

Smittyboy

Welcome to the forum, and we can just negate the R... ;) It's a yammie so it's gotta be golden...:)