New FZ6R owner......

fuzzylogic

......and my bike is better than the FZ6 in every way, i swear! =P

honestly though it is my first bike (i have a few years of riding quads and dirtbikes but very little streetbike experience) and though i know the FZ6 is a better performance bike (better brakes, suspension, more power, etc.) i think yamaha really nailed it with this bike for its intended market.

for a newbie like myself this bike is perfect. everything about it is smooth. the power and brakes are more than adequate and everything operates in a very progressive manner. the brakes aren't grabby (but they are strong) and the power delivery lacks any sudden hit that may very well spook or throw off a new rider. it reminds me a lot of my raptor 700, it will go fast when you want it too but it is a pussycat at 1/4 throttle.

when i picked it up i was understandably nervous but after doing laps for about a half hour in the parking lot i became very comfortable with it and drove the 25 miles home without incident. it really does inspire a lot of confidence and i think that really counts for something to a new guy like myself. understand by confidence i mean not "i am the uber rider" but rather "i can drive this thing safely and it won't tear my heart out if i give the throttle a touch more twist than needed".

i know alot of you guys aren't too fond of it due to the similar name (i've been lurking around the forums for a bit) and i can completely understand that. i don't think the bike should have been called an FZ6, and especially not with an R designation at the end of it. maybe FZ6N (for newbie =P) would have been more appropriate.

having said that i think you guys should give it a chance. true, it costs just as much as your beloved FZ6's despite the fact that it will get left behind in the twisties but for what it is intended to be i think it is leaps and bounds better for a new guy than the FZ6 could ever be.

until there is an official forum for the FZ6's little brother i'll be lurking around here a bit more and hope to leach as much info from you guys as i can. =D

Nelly

......and my bike is better than the FZ6 in every way, i swear! =P

honestly though it is my first bike (i have a few years of riding quads and dirtbikes but very little streetbike experience) and though i know the FZ6 is a better performance bike (better brakes, suspension, more power, etc.) i think yamaha really nailed it with this bike for its intended market.

for a newbie like myself this bike is perfect. everything about it is smooth. the power and brakes are more than adequate and everything operates in a very progressive manner. the brakes aren't grabby (but they are strong) and the power delivery lacks any sudden hit that may very well spook or throw off a new rider. it reminds me a lot of my raptor 700, it will go fast when you want it too but it is a pussycat at 1/4 throttle.

when i picked it up i was understandably nervous but after doing laps for about a half hour in the parking lot i became very comfortable with it and drove the 25 miles home without incident. it really does inspire a lot of confidence and i think that really counts for something to a new guy like myself. understand by confidence i mean not "i am the uber rider" but rather "i can drive this thing safely and it won't tear my heart out if i give the throttle a touch more twist than needed".

i know alot of you guys aren't too fond of it due to the similar name (i've been lurking around the forums for a bit) and i can completely understand that. i don't think the bike should have been called an FZ6, and especially not with an R designation at the end of it. maybe FZ6N (for newbie =P) would have been more appropriate.

having said that i think you guys should give it a chance. true, it costs just as much as your beloved FZ6's despite the fact that it will get left behind in the twisties but for what it is intended to be i think it is leaps and bounds better for a new guy than the FZ6 could ever be.

until there is an official forum for the FZ6's little brother i'll be lurking around here a bit more and hope to leach as much info from you guys as i can. =D
I think its great that you are hear, I look forward to a real rider review.
Welcome mate and enjoy the site.

Nelly

F

Fz6Sa

Wow,- we almost gotta get ADMIN to open a 6R forum now ....

Anyway: :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

and:

:needpics:

G

Gilo-FZ6

welcome mate..hope its everything you wanted and more..continue to give feedback (and pics) whenever you get the chance..theres been good reviews of it from what ive read

P.S @ Nelly..you didnt hang about did ya..lol. (new avatar)

H

Humperdinkel

:welcome: from the land down under :thumbup: , looking forward to reading a decent riders review......And some pics :thumbup:.....No its not a real Fizzer but at least its the right brand :rockon:

F

flamewulfe

How does the 'R' not keep up with the FZ6? I thought it was the same bike, different styling (with fairings!) . . . was really torn between it and the GSX 650. But wound up with the FZ6. Congrats on obtaining a truly unique bike!

Anyhow, welcome, though I'm a new member myself! Rock on!

fuzzylogic

How does the 'R' not keep up with the FZ6? I thought it was the same bike, different styling (with fairings!) . . . was really torn between it and the GSX 650. But wound up with the FZ6. Congrats on obtaining a truly unique bike!

Anyhow, welcome, though I'm a new member myself! Rock on!
the 6R has about 20 less hp and a more budget minded suspension and brake system. this is not to say that its bad in any way but the FZ6 is faster and handles/brakes better. the plus side of this is that its easier for a new guy to acclimate themselves to it without doing anything stupid.

grommit

Are you going to do any mods to it? Being new I expect they would be hard to come by, but it is crying out for an FE kit on the back.

F

Fz6Sa

If Yamaha had called it N for Newbie, - I think it would have pissed of all the Naked owners in a major way :)

FZ6S(x) = Fairing version
FZ6N(x) = Naked Version

fuzzylogic

Are you going to do any mods to it? Being new I expect they would be hard to come by, but it is crying out for an FE kit on the back.
i plan on doing the usual (pipe, FE kit, frame sliders) but at the moment there is literally nothing available. the only thing i was able to find was a GYTR filter and a few tank bags but thats all. =(

O

Ozfazer6

:welcome:

That looks pretty neat actually,but What is that big black box underneath it ?

Do you have a pic of the instrument cluster ?

Thanks.