New FZ6R owner......

reiobard

if this is just a throttle lock that is de-tuning the engine, then this might just be able to turn into a respectable supersport :)

F

Fz6Sa

In Yamaha's presentation of the bike they state:

It is loosely based on the current FZ6 with revised cylinder head, new crankcases, new intake and exhaust systems plus a revised clutch and shifter.

So don't get your hopes up too high ...,- still it's worth checking !!

C

cv_rider

Yes, looks like our first FZ6R poster, and all of us are interested in it, judging on how active this post is.

When we first saw reviews of it, our hardcore sport riders trashed it since it's lower spec, but I thought, "hmm, that might fit me pretty good." I don't know what to do with the 100hp on the FZ6, and I'm sure 78hp would be more than enough for anything I'm ever going to attempt. I recall the reviews saying it has a bit more torque down low. I might appreciate that, as I rarely go over 8k rpm and never access that torque range on the FZ6. With lower HP, it probably gets a bit better gas mileage as well, which I would appreciate. PLUS, it comes with ABS in the US, I believe. Does yours have that? I'd never buy another bike without that feature.

What's the riding stance like? It looks pretty upright like the FZ6, or perhaps leaned forward a bit more like a traditional sportbike. The comfortable riding stance is the reason I got the FZ6.

S

Stumbles06

Thanks for posting about your new purchase Fuzzy, looks pretty neat in Black.
(As for an Honourary title, you can change your user-title under your name in the userCP... go for it)
Make sure you give us a good write-up after a few good rides and let us know how it goes.

Welcome to the forum.

:)

S

Shinn

Welcome. You should just stick here, after all that is basically a pre-s2 fz6 with a new motor. A lot of the parts are identical. Want a ride report on it!

As for the throttle lock, I'm pretty sure there isn't one, as it is meant for beginners, but worth checking.

S

smokenu

Great lookn bike, love the black & red.. I bought a R6 in 2003, Fun bike as long as your not riding in a straight line. rode it for a couple of years and then got tired of my neck,back and wrist hurting. needless to say I sold it.

How's the riding position?

V

VWci

Congrulations on your new FZ6R... It looks like european XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion... On 78hp issue, FZ6R's rev meter shows some clues... For example FZ6 (98hp) and FZ6 S2 has 15500-16000 revmeter but that one has only 13000. I think that it is born to be 78hp... :)

A

admin_old

Welcome to the site... Its a nice looking bike....

I have created some sub forums and some gallery areas for the FZ6R.........

Its still a FZ6 just with an R:thumbup:

M

mellofelow

Hey, I think you're the first... welcome! Thanks for sharing.

L

LERecords

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

glad you like the bike.. make sure you take lots of pictures :thumbup:

M

madmanmaigret

Welcome!

I want to put that tach on my bike so I can rev it wayyyy past redline and freak everyone out!

Looks good, get some sliders! And gear! but not in that order!

G

Gilo-FZ6

i dont think it will be restriceted on the throttle body..its been designed for more mid range torque..maybe lighter profile cams and a less aggressive map..anyhow judging by the magazine reviews who are all content with the overall package maybe saying the engine is de-tuned is a little unfair..re-tuned maybe more appropriate,we were just spoiled by having the extra bit of power in the higher revvs

Nelly

could you clarify on the workings of the throttle lock?
On the restricted bikes there is a plastic thing on the throttle cable preventing the throttle from being opened fully.

Nelly

Nelly

This drawing:

might give you an idea of what you are looking for.

This intake is located under the Air filter-box that you (if its like the FZ6) will locate under the tank in the front of the bike. The wheel is visible from the outside of a naked bike. (Left side)

I don't know if you will be able to see the wheel without taking of the fairing though.
Top post mate 100% better than my effort lol.

Nelly

S

staticghost

ask and you shall receive...

thanks for the warm welcome :thumbup:
Ohh how cute and small...gu gu ga ga little baby...LOL.;)
Just messing with ya. Nice bike. Good lucky with man. Treat her right and she will do the same.
Ride on.:cheer::cheer:

K

kkiser69

i like it! plus, it's in the yamaha family. good fit and finish

F

FZ1inNH

ask and you shall receive...

thanks for the warm welcome :thumbup:
:welcome: and congrats! You're the first! :thumbup:

Can you please do me a favor? See if you can get some pics of the lower rear shock mount? I would like to know if we can put lowering links on it. It is ALMOST low enough for my wife as it sits but another inch or two would do wonders!

Keep us informed! That things is well set-up for an awesome undertail kit!

fuzzylogic

oh mother nature, how i hate her right now. as luck would have it i got off work very early today and drove immediately home to get a quick ride in before the wife gets home. as soon as i got home i threw on my jacket/gloves/helmet and was gone. not more than 5 minutes after leaving the driveway it starts pouring rain. it was a bit cloudy when i left but it didn't look like it was going to rain for at least an hour or so. unfortunately this was not the case and i had to ride back home as i'm not quite comfortable with riding in the rain.

i'm seriously considering stabbing a tree in revenge. =(

to answer the questions you guys have...

after reviewing the diagram of the throttle lock (thanks for that btw) it doesn't appear to have one. admittedly it is kind of hard to see and the lighting conditions aren't great at the moment so i'll try to find a flashlight to have a better look.

the riding position is very comfortable and upright. the closest thing i can compare it too is riding my now sold raptor 700r. i sat on a few SS bikes in the dealership and it is much more akin to the riding position of the FZ6 than something like an R6.

i'll take a picture of the lower shock mount once the rain lets up.............damned mother nature.